Call of Duty: Black Ops opinions?

Arris

Watching gameplay video it looks like they've made some new maps, sounds, weapons and chucked them into Modern Warfare 2....

So what's your point. I'm buying it, you will too, probably a lot of people you know. See you ingame.

Watching "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDVm8yAGNpg" and they talk about points you earn for unlocks. But then "money" and "store". I have this niggling feeling that they are trying to bring in purchasable(for real money) items/customisation. Wouldn't mind so much if they hadn't pretty much just re-numbered the previous game and shipped it. I'm going to wait and see some reviews before picking it up.

may go pick it up tomorrow... it may just be that the stat servers are still being configured or something through Steam. i actually dunno why i preordered the game considering it looks like a MW2 rehash but w/e. i haven't played any decent multiplayer in awhile.

Well, in my opinion, it sucks... Not that different from MW2...
I think it was just a solution to gather up more cash from these selling in order to develop the next MW3.

Anyway, Infinity ward is clearly better than Treyarch (They made shitty games)

I think its the same as the past Call of Dutys.

Take the old game, make minor tweaks, add terrible, SHORT story, and publish.

Seriously, I think the people who bought this game just busted out $60 just so they could drive an RC car-bomb...

I think its the same as the past Call of Dutys.

Take the old game, make minor tweaks, add terrible, SHORT story, and publish.

Seriously, I think the people who bought this game just busted out $60 just so they could drive an RC car-bomb...

You sir are missing out on a great game, Black Ops.

It's not worth $60 and can be a bit difficult online for new players, but the campaign is plenty challenging and the online modes are fun. When you start leveling up and getting better equipment it gets even better. I'm not very good at all and I'm working through level 22 after only a few hours of playing! My stats got reverted back to a lower level once, and I'm not really sure what happened tbh, but it's all good. PC is def the way to go...

I feel that for most FPS games, it would be a lot easier playing it on the PC. Single Player campaign definitely had a great storyline, though. Online Multi-player is a little rough on the beginning but as soon as you level, it gets better with your unlocks/achievements.

played it on the PS3 - thought it was too linear (campaign mode)

Got allot of friends that love it online on their PC's though!

I can't stand CoD any more. I use to play it a lot. But now. Eugh... it's just too linear and if you're not bothered by online, the story is *whu....* Doesn't matter anyway. They're just going to keep releasing them no matter what I say...
*grumble*

Well I still haven't bought this and think I'll wait for the BF3 next before buying anything else. Dead Space for £3.75 on Steam will keep me occupied for a while ;)

yea black ops is a ripoff for a, basically recycled game. pick up bfbc2 its amazing, and here's hoping that bf 3 will be better cheers!

Wasn't a fan of Black Ops. I played the first few levels of single player and a few days of multiplayer and just never got into it. Went back to BFBC2 and never looked back, its multiplayer is much more realistic. Blops was a waste of $60 for me.

Played the free weekend of BlackOps, few new touches like sprint + crouch is a sort of slide to prone. Other than that just more of the same (as MW2 etc). Very fast paced, reminds me of the speed of games like Unreal Tournament.

Back