Calling all experienced hackers I need you! motherboard repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling all experienced techs/ I need you! motherboard repair

I hope someone can help me I have a vaio pgn s580 series and during hardrive replacement the plastic piece that connects to motherboard came completley off exposing the 4 pins or connector contacts I thought i could just put them back on however i broke the one off completely and Im so bummed is there any way i can work around that i still have plug . or is just smarter to use and external hd or can I use the dvd connection with right adapter. I hate to think that my vaio is toast calling all experience work arounders

being an "experienced hacker" has nothing to do with your motherboard. you might be able to use an external hdd for your os but im not sure. i have never do that before

Sorry I didn't understand that. Do you have pictures?
Also, I wouldn't use an external harddrive, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a laptop?

Instead of fiddling around with it further; I would rather advise you to take it to a technician, as he will be able to do the needed repairs more efficiently IMHO. Although the final choice is yours whichever route you want to go.

okay on the motherboard the connector that the ata hard drive connects to . when i pulled it off the the plastic connector came off leaving the points sticking straight up in air kinda of like this
I I I I i hope that kinda helped i really dont know what some of the correct language is so forgive me I will try to take pix that depicts what im trying to say

Ok, as earlier suggested by kitty, pictures may help us in determining what is the best course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back