Can Anybody Give me Advice regarding Buying Laptop

There are several good configuration laptops under 65 K.

Asus VivoBook (i5; 8GB Ram, 1 TB HDD, 256 GB SSD with Windows 10 and Graphics Card) >> Price will be approx 60,000 INR.

You may consider HP 15s too >> i5 10th Generation >> 8 GB Ram, 1 TB HDD, 2 GB Graphics Card >> Price 56,000 INR

I would go for a Dell. They are a bit more expensive than other laptops but are well engineered and are the most prolific laptop manufactured. I have worked on Dell laptops for the past 17 years. I normally only purchase the XPS range.
I would go for an i7 or new i9 with at least 16gb RAM. I wouldn't worry too much about the hard drive as they can be easily replaced with a 1tb hard drive.
I usually purchase broken laptops from places like eBay and repair then and keep them for a few years. I have never sourced parts directly from Dell but have mainly used eBay as they are much cheaper there.
I am in Brisbane, Australia and often import Dell parts from the US.
AS the previous posted pointed out your choice of laptop should be dependent on what you want to use it for. If you want to play games, I would go for a desktop. You can still play games on a laptop with a decent video card, but if you really want performance go for a desktop.
I myself currently mainly use two Dells (1) A XPS 13 9350 with 16gb RAM i7 and 1tb HD with UHD touch screen. I don't usually use the touch screen but bought it for the quality of the display. (2) A XPS 15 9550 Quad Core i7 with 16gb RAM (will take 64gb) Nvida 960M graphics, 1tb HD and a UHD touch screen (again for quality of display).
Remember with the newer laptgops you cannot upgrade the CPUs as they are soldered onto the motherboard. Also with the XPS 13 the RAM is also soldered on the board. The only thing you can upgrade is the hard drive (NVME) and the wireless network card.
Never use a laptop on a soft surface like a bed for two reasons (1) Laptops have vents on the bottom for cooling and require air flow to keep the CPU and VIDEO chip cool. (2) The fan/s and heatsink become clogged with lint and fluff and don't work effectively. Those laptop coolers are useless as the draw air out from the bottom and the laptop has to draw air in from the bottom. The manufacturers of those products obviously didn't think that through very carefully.
It's the video chip which usually fails on laptop motherboard due to overheating. In the newer laptops e.g. XPS 13 9350 the Intel 540 video chip is right beside the CPU and cannot be repaired. It requires a brand new motherboard.
If I were you and your budget is limited, I would go for a high end laptop about 2-3 years old on places like eBay. I have done that for several years. I have never purchased a brand new laptop from Dell.
I still have two Dell XPS M 1730 laptops which date from about 2007 and both still work fine. Both run on Windows 7 and have Extreme CPUs installed. One has 8gb RAM the other 4gb. It's a testament to the reliability of these laptops.
Good luck with your choice. Become familiar with the insides of your laptop but be very careful. You made need special tools (torque screwdrivers etc.). Youtube is a good source to start with if you want to work on your laptop.

Last edited:
Back