Can I get above 140+ FPS by using the 1080p lowest settings with i5-3470 and GTX 1050?

With a lack of RAM, it would be very difficult. Trying also getting an additional 4GB of RAM and make sure it is the same one that is in your system currently.

With a lack of RAM, it would be very difficult. Trying also getting an additional 4GB of RAM and make sure it is the same one that is in your system currently.

I would have though 8Gbs of system ram would have been fine?

I think that you will get over 100fps pritty much all the time. Seems the avg is in the 130's and FPS Lows in the 110's for the gtx1050 @ 1080p low settings. For 140+ FPS your going to need something like the 1060 and above.

1080/low = 110 - 130fps

now if you're looking for the new 10 series due to the power draw, I can understand it, however for the same money you could get a gtx 970 and it would murder both the 1050 and ti variant.
personally that's the way I'd go.

Another thing I'd recommend you do is look on facebook sales groups. most times those people have no idea what something is worth or simply just want to sell quick so their prices are typically lower than places like ebay. Might even be able to jump up to the 980/ti for the same price of a 1050/ti

Back