Can I run Crysis?

it wont be a very good or detailed experience. The gt 220 is rather weak, and Crysis (like the vast majority of games) is very dependent on the graphic subsystem. so your looking at low res/significantly lowered specs.

to be sable to get into a good detailed play experience if that is important, a GTX 260, or a HD 4780, and up from there for good 1680 x 1050 at high. This is somewhat objective mind you, but I think that is sage advice.

I have to agree with red here.

My spec, Intel Quad core Q8200, 4GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Radeon HD4670

Running Crysis, I'm having to use medium settings, with 1024x768 (I think its 768) resolution, and in fairness it's lagging out and dropping below 20FPS when all hell breaks loose. In the beginning it handles it well, but as you progress and enemies appear more, and you have more going on, the GPU is struggling to keep up and was even crashing in later levels.

You need a much better card than the one you currently use unfortunately.

GTX460 would be fantastic, but I suppose I played it with a 9600gt.
high at 800x600 resolution = about 45 fps depending on map.

Wasn't that good of a game meh.

If you want that, you need to be prepared to spend a lot of money on your GPU. Whether its a good price or not depends on how you viewing spending £150+ on one. lol.

I just reinstalled Crysis yesterday on a whim.

Playing it at 1600x1200 (I think thats what I settled for, as the game only seems to support up to 1920x1080 and not 1920x1200).
Ultra high settings, 2xAnti aliasing. System listed in the system drop down top right of this post. Basically not a top end system but a fairly new and decent gpu, ATi 5850. Best bang for the buck at the moment is the GTX460. I'm guessing that would let you play it at much the same settings.

Best bang for the buck at the moment is the GTX460. I'm guessing that would let you play it at much the same settings.

That's what I'm hoping. :D

Though in truth, as long as I can run very high settings, a min of 2x AA, and at 1024x768 I'll be happy with it.

I have HD 5870 and I am able to run it 1920x1080 with all enthusiast settings and I don't see any lag when playing. I did just get a gtx 460 this week so i will be trying that out soon.

I have HD 5870 and I am able to run it 1920x1080 with all enthusiast settings and I don't see any lag when playing. I did just get a gtx 460 this week so i will be trying that out soon.

Let us know how that compares to the 5807 :)

Game supports 1920x1200 - I play at that res Arr.

I'll try looking for patches for it. It's running as it came on the disk. Maybe they added support for it later on. I play everything else at that res so wasn't sure why it wasn't listed.

I'll try looking for patches for it. It's running as it came on the disk. Maybe they added support for it later on. I play everything else at that res so wasn't sure why it wasn't listed.
Mine allowed 1920x1200 on the initial version.

Back