Can I upgrade my motherboard?

dwizzle

Okay, I have a HP Pavilion Slimline s7517c, and it has an Asus PTGV-DM Onyx2-GL8E, and I was wondering, if I could upgrade it with a newer mini itx motherboard.

Yes, you an probably use most any ITX motherboard, but you might have to buy a CPU and memory for the new board. Also, the front panel wire harness might need to be altered to match the front panel pins on the new motherboard

i was just looking at the one earlier today, but do you think that since i wouldn't be able to screw it in, in the hole by the cable adapter that it would do harm?

No, the main concerns would be where the IO panel would fit, and of course, the front panel connections

No other boards, I just wanted to show you an example of what you can consider as an upgrade. This Zotec board would be quite a nice upgrade option, although you could have many other options, if you choose

yeah, it seemed really nice and like a good idea. so i could almost get any mini itx board? and i'm having trouble finding out how much power they need and if i need a better power adapter.

Yeah the stock ITX power supplies are a bit low in wattage, but I have seen 300 watt supplies that should work nicely

Back