1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Can my new pc run games well on 1080p?

By Thomas2108 · 6 replies
Feb 14, 2018
Post New Reply
  1. Not so long ago I got a new pc, it has 8GB of DDR4 ram, a gtx 1050ti graphics card, and a 3.1ghz quad-core processor.

I specifically bought it for gaming, so my question is: How well can it run games on 1080p?

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing. Posts: 3,617   +986

I have a similar machine. What I play (Fallout 4, Skyrim, older RPGs) - all play well.

3. delrey

delrey TS Booster Posts: 166   +48

What games are you playing specifically? Which processor is that?

Typically a 1050ti with a modern CPU will play 1080p just fine. Older games maxed out and newer games on medium to high. Mileage will vary with game though.

4. Thomas2108

Thomas2108 TS Rookie Topic Starter

My processor is a AMD ryzen 3 1200.

Thanks for the info! :)

And I usually run older games, or games that aren’t as big. (CS:GO, Rocket League etc.)

5. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing. Posts: 3,617   +986

If it gets clunky, try lowering the GPU settings. If you have a HDD, defragment (not required on an SSD).

If that doesn't work, try anti-malware.

6. MaikuTech

MaikuTech TS Guru Posts: 888   +158

Not too well, it'll run it but for more higher intensive games, you'll need an extra 8gb to keep it flowing well.
    What is your memory name and model number and speed ?
    Having ddr4 2400 is a good way to start, thats what I did when I rebuilt my pc recently.
    Although I need another stick of ram real soon, gaming is pretty sweet and I don't lag at higher end settings/

7. delrey

delrey TS Booster Posts: 166   +48

eSports games like CS:GO and Rocket League do not require much hardware to run. So you should be good as is. Keep your eyes on memory prices and as soon as they go back to 'normal' rates, grab another 8GB. Most gamers should have 16GB IMO, just as @MaikuTech stated above.

MaikuTech likes this.