Can my new pc run games well on 1080p?

Not so long ago I got a new pc, it has 8GB of DDR4 ram, a gtx 1050ti graphics card, and a 3.1ghz quad-core processor.

I specifically bought it for gaming, so my question is: How well can it run games on 1080p?

What games are you playing specifically? Which processor is that?

Typically a 1050ti with a modern CPU will play 1080p just fine. Older games maxed out and newer games on medium to high. Mileage will vary with game though.

My processor is a AMD ryzen 3 1200.

Thanks for the info! :)

And I usually run older games, or games that aren’t as big. (CS:GO, Rocket League etc.)

If it gets clunky, try lowering the GPU settings. If you have a HDD, defragment (not required on an SSD).

If that doesn't work, try anti-malware.

Not too well, it'll run it but for more higher intensive games, you'll need an extra 8gb to keep it flowing well.
What is your memory name and model number and speed ?
Having ddr4 2400 is a good way to start, thats what I did when I rebuilt my pc recently.
Although I need another stick of ram real soon, gaming is pretty sweet and I don't lag at higher end settings/

My processor is a AMD ryzen 3 1200.

Thanks for the info! :)

And I usually run older games, or games that aren’t as big. (CS:GO, Rocket League etc.)

eSports games like CS:GO and Rocket League do not require much hardware to run. So you should be good as is. Keep your eyes on memory prices and as soon as they go back to 'normal' rates, grab another 8GB. Most gamers should have 16GB IMO, just as @MaikuTech stated above.

Back