Can Not Install Direct X 9.0C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coda22

I have a brand new Asus G50V laptop with all my games installed on it. I am having some trouble installing CIV IV. So I contacted their support and they said to download the file here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Now when I do this I go through the first steps - I go to install and it says initializing. Then a window pops up that says: "Setup could not download the file. Please try again later or check network connection." then installation failed.

I have no issues with any of my other games: Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, F.E.A.R., Battfield 2, etc.

Any ideas?

Hi

The file requires an active internet connection, if your not connected to the web then it wont download.

Do a google on DX 9.0 and find the full file, its about 25mb or so i think, download that and then install that file.

Oh yeah you have to have a genuine windows version if yours is a copy or cracked it wont work either.

Well of course I'm connected to the internet. LOL!

Brand new laptop, so windows is legit.

I got it to download actually. I'm installing all my games on here and when I put COD 4 in under extras was the download for DX 9C. I have DX 10 but I didn't realize it isn't backwards compatible.

Thanks for your input though, I appreciate it.

Hi

Glad its sorted then, i mentioned the net because there are still people in the world who Dial Up or use ADSL that can be turned off, such as AOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back