Can not Open Drives (C) and (D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylli

Hello,

I have some problems with opening Drives C and D. My PC was infected by some viruses. I cleaned my PC but now i have a little problem. When i try to get to drive C and it showes like in the Picture:
trooblewe3.jpg

Can someone help em how to fix this ?

Thank you,

Can you try this, it may not work, but I'd like to confirm if it does or not (I'll wait for the reply)

Download RatsCheddar.zip http://www.castlecops.com/zx/sjpritch25/RatsCheddar.zip

It contains a program written by Rathat, and it is a Policy Controller.
Save and extract this program to the desktop.
Once extracted, click on the RatsCheddar.exe file.
Enable everything, then click Exit
Reboot your Computer.

Is your mouse set right.Check your Control Panel/Mouse and maybe install
and transmit new batteries button if you have battteries.

It's not a mouse problem.

It's related to spyware/trojan/virus that caused either an autorun.inf (system file) in D: that should be removed, or possibly the spyware/trojan/virus is still there.

Yes, befor the scan that kind of Autorun.inf showed, i had Nod32 antivirus and could not be deletet. I installed Kaspersky , i scaned disks, Kaspesky deletet a lot of Viruse/files....Could some file be missing or maybe is still infected?

Go to Folder Options in Control Panel (or inside any folder select "Tools--> Folder Options-->View"

Select "Show hidden files"
And deselect "Hide protected OS files"

Click on Start-->Search-->All files and folders

Type in autorun.inf
And search in D:

The autorun.inf file found in D:\autorun.inf, can be deleted (right click delete)

Then try opening D drive again

If it works, go back to folder Options and restore defaults

edit:

My damn "f" key keeps getting stuck!!

The problem now is that: i select show hidden files and folder than clikc Ok but i does not stay like that, it changes by it selfe to Do not show hidden files and folders.....

Actually it won't matter.

Inside Search there's a option for More Advanced Options "Search Hidden and Search System files" that you can tick.

Thak you all for help....i think it was all about that Autorun hidden file....i deleted them, i did pc reboot and now it is all Ok, it's workin like allways....thank u once again.

One question i have for u....what kind of Antivirus would you recommend me....at this moment i Have Kaspesky, i know it is very good, but it makes my PC work a little slowly? Any AV recommandiation?

I agree. AVG picks up stuff that none of the others manage to detect. As a safeguard i would recommend that you run the NOOB killer anyway on your machine.

cheers
suk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back