Can not run Firefox on new Toshiba Qosmio - why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recenty purchased this little machine.
Went to install Firefox as this is the browser I prefer to use , my old laptop was confirgured for this software and found it so good to use.
Especially with all the shortcuts and add on which makes internet work easier.

I have uninstall firefox - redownloaded and reinstalled with no luck - all I keep getiing is the message - firefox can not run.

Does someone have a solution for this - I am running with Windows Professional 7.

IE is the only Program that runs on this machine on the web.

Can someone please assist?

Any advice other than - sorry no fix would be great!

Did you check "Configure how Firefox connects to the internet," under Tools > Options > Advanced > network tab?

I would but it crashes as soon as I click to run the program.... Basically all I get is Firefox has crashed sending error report.

Even by re-starting the program it still crashes

I should have realized that from your first post, sorry. Just to confirm, you are installing the most recent version of Firefox, correct? One of my PCs has Windows 7 Home Premium (not quite the same as yours, I know) and I have no such problems with Firefox. I'm using it now, in fact.

@ hughva - please correct me if I have misunderstood you - but Safemode ? I can not get past Firefox has crashed.. Sending report now.

@ mailpup - yes it is the latest version of firefox... that I had downloaded and installed unfortunately it still doesn't work.

I know that this is frustrating and difficult - however this is both to me by this program not working ....... so any guidance to get it to work would be greatly appreciated.

Try running Firefox (Safe Mode), and see what happens.

You can find its icon in Mozilla Firefox folder in Start Menu.

Hey, I assume you have tried running compatibility mode? (Right click firefox icon > Properties > Compatibility, try running it under XP Sp3.

If that doesn't help, can you check your Event Viewer to see if we can get any details on the error there? (Start menu > right click Computer > Managment. On the left side go to event viewer (and I'm not running W7 at the moment so sorry if this is a little misleading) Should be under Windows Logs I believe, then check the Application log, see if theres any errors or warnings relating to Firefox, and then check System.)

Other things that can stop Firefox from running are: Firewalls (Windows firewall as well as a newly installed one or one that came with the laptop), Add-ons.

YES - some good news - Just tried running it Firefox in Safe mode and after two months - FINALLY it works - now I just need to work out what is blocking it from running in 'normal mode'......

So I'll try to look for firewall that may block it from running in the future hopefulluy this will allow the program to work - alternatively is there another problem that I should look out for?

Thanks to everyone - for all your advice and help on this issue,,,,,,

So your running Firefox (safemode) or running firefox in safemode (like, when computer starts, u go into safe mode instead of normal mode) sorry just want to clarify.

If it is Firefox just in safemode, disable all the add-ons it has and try it in normal mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back