Can Optiplex 745 support Radeon HD 6870

Can I make this video card work with a Dell 745 MiniTower? Not a gaming PC, three screen support is essential.
AMD lists 500W as the minimum wattage for this card. Could you suggest a PSU upgrade to make this work?

chasis dimensions -
Height 41.4 cm (16.3 inches)
Width 18.5 cm (7.3 inches)
Depth 43.8 cm (17.3 inches)
Weight 12.34 kg (27.2 lb)
Volume 33 Liters

Temperature Operating 10° to 35°C (50° to 95°F)

Putting the card in a mini-tower PC may be tricky... I have a Mid-Tower case and the hard drive bay is movable, to accommodate the "long" video cards. Get the video cards measurements and apply them to the inside case, where the PCI-e card slots are. Keep in mind that you will need to take up 2 card slots for 1 video card. If the mini-tower case has a standard ATX power supply any good brand (Antec, Corsair) 500 watt or better power supply will work

I still haven't made the internal measurements check. I'll let you know if it looks OK.
I found a PSU frm our preferred vendor, not too pricey, I'll probably go with this one. It meets the minimum wattage and it has two 6 pin PCI Express power connectors.

Antec EarthWatts EA 500 - power supply - 500 Watt Mfg. Part: EA500 | CDW Part: 1304117 | UNSPSC: 39121004

Sounds good,
usually the long video cards interfere with the hard drive bays, but I don't have much experience with the mini-tower cases

Back