Cannon Scanner menu not in English

Status
Not open for further replies.

compused

Does anybody know how to change the language of a scanner. We had to uninstall everything last year when our computer got a virus and the technician cleaned our hard drive. I reinstalled the software for the scanner and definitely selected English as the language we wanted but both times I tried it it came out in French.

We have worked out what words mean clear, preview and scan in French but cannot use any of the fine tuning buttons as we don't know what they say.

The Scanner is a Canoscan N656U and the programme is Canoscan Version 1.02

Use adda and remove to uninstall the scanner, then reinstall. That problem is not uncommon, but usually goes away. Use RegCleaner from www.majorgeeks.com to remove any remaining parts of the Scanner software, then reboot, then reinstall.
You might want to try downloading a later version of the Canoscan software.

Here is your Driver

On this page you'll find an uninstaller for the present driver, plus CanoScan Toolbox

You should also confirm your Regional settings are set for your country in Control Panel (ie Start->Run-> intl.cpl)

Hi Kimsland,

Yes our Regional Settings are set to English (UK) in the Control Panel.

Just one thing though, in Regional Settings, under the Advanced thumbnail in Code Page Conversion Tables, there are a whole lot of countries ticked such as Greece, Ukraine, Icelandic, Croatia, Roman. Should all these be ticked, or only English (United Kingdom)?

Now that I have cleaned our computer, I will try and re-install the Canoscan programmes and update them.

Thanks for your help.

Compused

I used Kimsland's hyperlinks to download both the latest programme and the driver of our scanner and still they are coming out in French! Any more suggestions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back