Cannot install MBAM or Avira

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozmuse

Hi - hoping someone can help me ...my daughter's laptop is a Sony Vaio with Vista.
Is having severe problems and is virtually only usable in safe mode.

I tried running the 8 steps virus removal process but the following happens:

Step 1 - Run virus scanner ...Norton's would not complete the scan - hangs - left running for hours.No joy Tried to install Avira but this would not install. Says Search Indexer has stopped working and cannot find the file looking for - message ...fix hard disc.
Tried running disc error checking tool in Vista - didn't help.

Tried to install MalwareBytes - this won't install either. Get messages about Microsoft Register Server has stopped working. Tried renaming mbam but that did not help.

Not sure what to do.

Thanks

Thanks Tmagic650 - I am trying to do that, but it won't uninstall ? Am using the Add/Remove Programs but nothing happens when try uninstall - just stays there

Thanks for that....that also won't seem to work...downloaded and when try to run it, it hangs, and there are no instructions or messages come up.

Have you tried the uninstaller in safe mode? Certain programs can't be stopped in normal mode, and can't be removed while running.

Thanks for that ..unfortunately this wouldn't work either - hangs - no instruction window appears , nothing happens, even though task manager indicates it is running - and it just keeps running..

Was worried that might be required....the laptop came with Window Vista and Norton's pre installed and no discs...so not sure what to do

Take it to a computer savvy friend or to a computer repair shop and let them reinstall Windows for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back