Frequent error trying to add a comment

VitalyT

It keeps coming back with an alert box - An error occurred, please try again.

It used to happen before, regularly, now it came back again.

Anyone else? It hasn't happened to me but FYI we'll be upgrading to the latest revision of Xenforo with numerous bug fixes this weekend.

I've seen it maybe less than 5% of the time. It's not something that will reappear when you want it to.

Good luck and may there be no issues on the upgrade or after.

The issue shown on the screenshot is very frequent, and becoming increasingly annoying.

Keeps popping up when trying to post a comment, blocks the operation.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    327.6 KB · Views: 9
Well the article cited appears to allow comments, but I didn't post to it.

Glad to see it is not just me. I was trying to comment on the Microsoft Data Center article https://www.techspot.com/news/63667-microsoft-built-datacenter-sat-bottom-pacific-ocean-three.html and I was getting an error. I did another test on the Windows 95 via browser article and it posted fine. I am actually kind of curious if this is somehow related to the articles having an embed video in them. I've attached a screen shot of the console log errors, in case that helps but you can always trigger them yourselves. :p

Attachments

• errors.PNG
    errors.PNG
    66.2 KB · Views: 8
Glad to see it is not just me. I was trying to comment on the Microsoft Data Center article https://www.techspot.com/news/63667-microsoft-built-datacenter-sat-bottom-pacific-ocean-three.html and I was getting an error. I did another test on the Windows 95 via browser article and it posted fine. I am actually kind of curious if this is somehow related to the articles having an embed video in them. I've attached a screen shot of the console log errors, in case that helps but you can always trigger them yourselves. :p
Try it again. It might be fixed. I was able to post a test comment (since deleted) both on the front page and in forum mode.

A quick update, our devs are actively looking into this. I understand it's been at least partially fixed and they're monitoring the server log for errors but none have been recorded in the past 24 hours so that's a good sign.

Back