Can't delete network connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

uch

I have a strange problem.

I used to live in a flat and my wirless netowkr worked fine over there.

I came to a new place, but my wirless wouldnt work here. The internet would just connect and reconnect again and again.

What i discovered was, that, my previous netowkr was still saved in Vista, and the settings were to connect automatically.
So what happens is that, my laptop connects to my new network, but disconnects and tries to connect to the old network. When it cant, it connects to the new network again and then disconnects. this keeps going on and on and i cant go online.

so the problem is, i tried to delete, this saved network. BUt whenever i delete it, (from netowrk sharing, manage wireless connections), it appears back by itself!!!

when i try to change the setting from connect automaticaly to connect mannally, it changes back the settings by itself!!!

when i try to move it down so that vista gives priority to my new connection, it moves up the list by itself!!!

what is wrong with this thing, until i dont delete this, i wont be able to go online!!!!

plz plz help

yep. first try updating to Vista SP2 but if that shouldn't help.. i'd next find your LAN and wireless adapters listed in Device Manger and uninstall them (reinstall) both. - The uninstall should also delete the old connection info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back