Can't find drivers for GeForce GT 320M

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEMES1S

I've checked official sites for drivers and I haven't found anything, so I'm asking for help. Are there any drivers for nVidia GeForce GT 320M (1 GB) that work on Windows 7 x64?

Thanks..,

Go to this url and under Option 2 click on Graphics Drivers ..... it shall look for appropriate drivers for your OS and graphics. I hope it will solve the issue.

When I click that second option, it writes back:
Scanning System...
Click here if the scan did not complete.
And nothing happens. Is there any direct link for that beta version* that doesn't require system scan?

* direct link for this version:
BETA Version: 195.81
Release Date: December 15th, 2009
In Device Manager: 8.15.11.9581

Ok, so I've downloaded those beta drivers for Windows 7 x64 and when I run them it turns back: "the nVidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." This happens every time I try to install any of the drivers from the official site...

I've been trying to find drivers which will be compatible for your graphics, I'll get back to you as soon as i find something worthwhile.

It's a HP Pavilion dv6-2160em - part of the dv6t series...
I had checked drivers from HP's official web site but those drivers did't work. I have to add that I can't update drivers via windows update, can't play games, can't use aero in windows 7.

Before reinstalling windows (because they were crashing) aero used to work, however, there was no recovery partition which is a normal thing for HP laptops. Now, after reinstall, programs are not crashing and the only problems is graphic card...

And yeah, before reinstall there used to be some nVidia icon in control panel which is now gone...

---------------------

Save your time, I'm gonna send it to a friend, he fixes computers for a living...
Thanks for help :)

Ok; its strange though that nVidia/HP would sell something without making proper support/drivers available.

I would add one more thing, its such a shameful act by hp to actually 'downgrade' from ATI's mide-range solutions (which are superior than nvidia's) to nvidia's pathetic cheap offerings (just another rebranded product as well) like gt 320; I wish people who want to buy notebooks would be bit more diligent and avoid such products to start with. I just can't fathom the thinking of some people that "nvidia is better just because'.... if they can offer a better product at price point you are looking for I am ok with that, not otherwise.

It seams that local (European) HP branches call this laptop dv6-2160 while US branches call this laptop dv6t-2160. So, the mistake is mine. I still can't find any drivers but I've requested recovery discs from local HP service so that should solve problems

@devidedbyzero
That's my friend asking so I believe that I'm the only one...

Thank you all for help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back