Can't format the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinkzehffs

I put WXP cd in, boot with cd then I wait and when it is about to a place that I will press keys to continue with setup, BSOD RAWR -_-' What to do?

Tried plugging the harddisk off and putting a new one in, nothing changed. Does that have something to do with External DVD RW?

Does that have something to do with External DVD RW?
?

Very strange!

Why are you using an external drive? Just use the internal one, and boot off that
(Also unplug anything else you might mention, first)

Stupid of me by cables or stuff I guess, my BIOS just dont see my internal drives. My primary master is my off harddisk which is IDE but my Fourth HDD which is SATA is my main harddisk. There should be CDs in secondary master and slave but I cant see them. :&

Well that's better to understand

Just leave the drive in that you want to format (and remove partition from)
Unplug the other one (HardDrive)
Put the CD/DVD on the other IDE cable (you may need to set the back jumper to CS, or Master if that doesn't work)

Then start your computer and confirm in CMOS that you can see the CD/DVD Drive.

You know I didn't realize (until now ironically) that your other thread: https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=621999#post621999
was also you.

Please be aware, you should only have one thread going on one computer at a time.
Also, regarding your other thread (seeming it's you, may as well write here) Do not reply to yourself 4 times in a row (!) instead of doing that, use EDIT
That way, I get one email message not 4, not only that, TechSpot doesn't like it either. I have asked Moderators to somehow squash them up together (so it's easier to read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back