Can't get into BIOS

Evulafro

Ok, so I did something really dumb. I was shutting down my pc, to remove my cd drive. However, being an impatient *****, and since the drive wasnt actually powered. I removed the the ATA cable or whatever those old IDE cables are called while it was shutting down. the PC immediately had a fit and turned off.

Now it wont run. I get an initial gateway screen, with the f10 option for the boot, but when I use the keyboard nothing happens.

I tried removing the battery for roughly 5 minutes, nothing different happened,
I tried Removing the hard drive still couldnt access the bios.

Any idea what im looking at here cuz this is something ive never come across.

The motherboard is fried

When I turn it on there is a single solitary beep, which seems normal but I haven't used that pc in a while.
Visually there is nothing wrong with the motherboard.
The only time a motherboard died on me, it was straight up burnt :p.
Are there any tests I could do to ensure its the motherboard?

A fried video chip is very common with HP laptops. Since the chip is part of the motherboard, it has to be replaced

Well I was using a graphics card but I took it out, and connected directly to the motherboard graphics. Its kinda scratchy but I still have an image. I will post a picture when I manage to.

Just to clarify, Tmagic650, I don't think this is a laptop. The battery the OP mentioned in the first post was probably the CMOS battery.

Evulafro, is this correct?

Just to clarify, Tmagic650, I don't think this is a laptop. The battery the OP mentioned in the first post was probably the CMOS battery.

Evulafro, is this correct?
Yes mailpup, I got it confused with another post thanks:eek:

Well I was using a graphics card but I took it out, and connected directly to the motherboard graphics. Its kinda scratchy but I still have an image. I will post a picture when I manage to.
It possible that the proper driver for the "motherboard" graphics is not installed...

2m63fxj.jpg

Just did still stuck in this screen if I use the graphics card it looks fine. However hitting f10 or f2 stiill does nothing

Back