Can't get RAID 0 to install on Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpower

I'm building a rig for someone based on Abit IP35 Pro & e8400. They guy wants RAID 0, this is my first attempt at installing RAID and i ran into a problem. I did everything by the book (actually followed a RAID guide at hardwaresecrets): set drives to RAID mode in BIOS, set em up to RAID 0 in Intel stotage utility, d/l Intel 32-bit floppy config utility on another PC, formatted floppy drive and copied the extracted files onto floppy. Then booted from CD rom and pressed F6 when XP began loading, then pressed the "S" key when asked to install drivers, inserted driver floppy and selected ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R SATA RAID and then i get this message:

File iaStor.sys caused an unexpected error (4096) at 2113 in D:\xpsrtm\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.

I tried using different floppy disks, diffrent XP CDs, both with SP2 & SP3, different optical drives (even an IDE drive), an older storage driver version and i'm still getting the same error message. Only thing i can think of is that may be i didn't copy the Intel 32-bit floppy storage driver files on the floppy properly, i just formatted and used copy & paste, may there is some special way of copying RAID drivers onto floppy?

I did some googling around for the error 4096 and found this thread with the guy having the same problem as me, but he claims to have fixed it by using newer drivers, i got the latest from 8/15/08. This is the thread:

http://www.motherboards.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=693853

So you can see why i'm stuck, i tried everything aside from getting another floppy drive which i dont have so i'd appraciate some tips.

....may(be) there is some special way of copying RAID drivers onto floppy?
In some cases that is so. With my Gigabyte motherboard disk, there is a utility program that you use to install the SATA/RAID drivers onto the floppy. I just couldn't cut and paste. I don't know if yours is the same.

If you go to the mobo website for the newest drivers, there can be two different versions. One for use with a floppy when installing Windows and another for updating an existing installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back