Can't hide this icon from notification area

Schweinsteiger

i got this new sony vaio.

it great with no problem but there is an icon for the cd/dvd power status

its installed with the vaio power managment.

it runs just fine but i want to remove the icon from the notification tray area, but i can't find any option to hide its not shown anywhere.

capture_04092011_091425.jpg

capture_04092011_091353.jpg

you may stop it using "msconfig"

click to run in start menu and write "msconfig"

then click "startup" tab in msconfig

stop the service which starts vaio cd-dvd manager

restart the pc

Since the power to the optical drive appears to be okay despite the errant message icon, perhaps there is something wrong with the data cable or connection. While there is power, it is not being reported to the power management software. Check the cable connections to make sure they are all tight. If that doesn't help, may the data cable itself if bad.

i can stop it, but i need it, so i dont want to stop it but i want to hide the icon.

Since you just want to hide the icon,right click the small arrow that is pointing upwards situated in the notification area and then click "customize notification icons".
There in the behaviours column select the option "hide icon and notifications".

I hope this solves your problem.

You got your answer in Reply #7:
Since you just want to hide the icon,right click the small arrow that is pointing upwards situated in the notification area and then click "customize notification icons".
There in the behaviours column select the option "hide icon and notifications".
You got two answers in Reply #4:
you may stop it using "msconfig"
click to run in start menu and write "msconfig"
then click "startup" tab in msconfig
stop the service which starts vaio cd-dvd manager

Regarding msconfig:
i can stop it, but i need it, so i dont want to stop it
This comment makes it clear that you don't know that taking it off of the Startup menu will only stop it from starting on boot and running in the background.

You should also be aware that the icons in the Notifications area represent processes that are running. Taking it off of Startup should prevent the icon from displaying.This does not uninstall it. You can access it any time by going to either All Programs or the drive itself

If you need detailed instructions for msconfig let me know. I have them all typed out. All I need to know is your OS.

Regarding a Service
If there is a Service for this, you can change the startup type to Manual instead of Automatic. Then it will start when every you call it up.

If you have tried what has been suggested and it hasn't worked tell us. Don't slam people who are trying to help you with a sarcastic comment!

Did you even try any of these suggestions? What happened?

i know how to use msconfig, and i know what it does.

i want the software to run on boot in the background, and it's allready doing that.

but the software when its running have this annoying notification icon, that doesn't have any option to hide it or remove it without closing the software.

all i'm asking is for a way to remove the icon completly, not the software.

all the answers didn't do what i wanted.

This doesn't sound like much of a problem. The program is doing what you want it to do, and the annoying icon is only there when the program is running normally... can't you learn to live with the annoying icon?

Seems to me that this is indeed a minor inconvenience rather that an issue. Perhaps when the program runs, the icon does also.

If you're still bothered by this, suggest you contact Sony support or do a few Google searches to see how others handled the matter,

the google it for a month and didn't find the solution.

i know its not a big deal, but it's really annoying me.

thank you anyway.

i got this new sony vaio.

it great with no problem but there is an icon for the cd/dvd power status

its installed with the vaio power managment.

it runs just fine but i want to remove the icon from the notification tray area, but i can't find any option to hide its not shown anywhere.

capture_04092011_091425.jpg

capture_04092011_091353.jpg

IF I'm understanding this correctly, have you tried going into the "VAIO POWER management" area to see if it can be hidden from there?
There might be something to tic/un tic to hide it? Just a thought. HTH.

Have you tried right clicking the taskbar, Properties, Customize & then locate the icon,click it & in the drop down menu choose which option you want. Ok yourself out. HTH. :)

Back