Can't operate my BIOS menu

My computer is not recognizing my typed command to enter the BIOUS menu during startup. I've tried both wired and wireless keyboards but it doesn't recognize any commands given. Any ideas?

It'll recognise the right one but the problem is this varies between different computer makes and motherboards. There are a lot of possibilities. Try Googling for example - key for bios (Acer). If no joy post back details of the computer model and no doubt someone will be able to suggest the correct key or combination of keys.

Hi "nubeiknowit" (nice name, lol),
First off, are you sure you're pressing the correct key (or key combination)? Most motherboards use a single key such as the DEL key, F2 key, etc.

If you're sure that you ate pressing the correct key(s), then another possibility is that the motherboard may only support a PS/2 keyboard for BIOS configurations. This is uncommon on modern mobos, but was very common just a few years ago.

Also, some BIOS menus have a setting to enable/disable USB keyboard support. Current motherboards enble USB keyboard support by default, but some of the older ones were disabled by default (I had an old Abit mobo that did this, I had to use a PS/2 keyboard anytime I clear CMOS).

What is your motherboard make/model? (Or computer make/model if it is an OEM machine or laptop)?

Back