Can't reinstall Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection says already installed

I have tried everything and manually deleted all my games, even the registry keys manually. The problem is ,my Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection which includes 2 stuff packs, will not reinstall. It says all packs are installed, when I try to reinstall off the disc the registry folders for Fun with Pets comes back. I can't think of what else to try except maybe reinstalling the OS but then comes the headache of having to back everything up. Can I put my OS in another partition and leave my stuff alone......aaaarrrrgggh!:confused: I contacted EA and they were so baffled they even gave me a free expansion. :suspiciou

What would you do? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe it's just a case of terminology but you should uninstall your games rather than delete them. In answer to your question of what would I do, I would use System Restore to see if I could bring back the games and then uninstall them the proper way. Alternately, I would use a utility such as the freeware Ccleaner to clean the registry of any missed entries. After that's done I would try installing the games again.

Hi, thanks for responding. I was instructed by EA to do a manual uninstall which did get rid of the files and to manually delete registry keys. I went through and uninstalled everything, yet again. I downloaded the CCleaner you recommended (which is GREAT by the way). I began reinstalling them while crossing my fingers. Finally I get to Sims 2 fun with pets collection and OMG it lets me install it. Well I was really happy until I noticed it was only allowing me to install Mansion and garden stuff and NOT install Pets or the Family Fun Stuff (the check boxes are grayed out) Says that's already installed. So I fixed a bit of the problem can't figure out how to find the installation of Pets and FAmily Fun Stuff. I've looked everywhere I could think of and can't find traces of Pets at all.

Should I uninstall and reinstall again?

If I understand correctly, you installed certain other Sims 2 games first? Did any of them already include Mansion and Garden stuff or Pets and Family Fun Stuff?

You might try running Ccleaner once more to see if there are any loose ends to get rid of in the registry. Otherwise the only thing I can think of at the moment is to uninstall it (through Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features, depending on your operating system), clean the registry again with Ccleaner and reinstall again. Maybe someone else can come up with a better solution than I can.

Back