Case upgrade

pootymack

I might be able to upgrade my case from a XON-310 in Oct. What would be a decent case for under $60? Thank you all in advance!

Me personally I'd likely dump the fans for something like high static sp120 fans.
CFM isn't nearly as important as high static. even when it comes to just intake or exhaust.
Just make sure you buy the correct headers, I accidently bought 6x 3pin when I needed 4pin.
3 pin will work with 4 but you don't have the ability to adjust the fan speed.

I'm using them with a 12v 1amp linksys wall plug to pull air into my computer room from the vent, this rooms central air trickles in without it. now the room feels cooler than most of the other rooms where before it felt almost identical to outside temp.

I always steer people away from cases like that carbide, the vents choke the fans.
also think they look too 1997 erra dell, with their boring flat front.

I always steer people away from cases like that carbide, the vents choke the fans.
also think they look too 1997 erra dell, with their boring flat front.

The Spec one got more going on it's front, but it's not my first choice, I really like cases more subtle, or as you put, boring lol. I'm using an CoolerMaster MasterCase 5 with no side windows now. Some of my PC parts got rgb leds, I turn them off.

I'm an old dude, I'm done with flashy things.
Still, boils down to taste.

Haf was a cool case back in its day, but it's outdated design leaves a lot to be desired.
the single fan hole in the top, the hdd cage, the almost first gen cable routing, all pretty "meh".
You want to find cases where you'd have the ability to throw a 240mm liquid cooler in both the top and front. out of every case on newegg in your bracket, the one I linked is by far the best for function, cooling, and options.
most of the other ones are really outdated, poorly designed, or both. Haf looks cool head on, but everything else reminds me of a tell case with an aftermarket bumper and stock everything else on a 2001 honda civic.

@Kevin Schmidt Raidmax seems too blueish... But that's taste again. Loved de 100R Carbide, but for a little more you get a 'higher' Carbide case, like 200R or 270R for 69. I think it's worth the 10$ more.

The Raidmax is available in black and orange as well.

I kept the price at $60 as that's the OP's budget. I'm actually impressed on how many decent cases there are for this price.

Back