CD/DVD drive doesn't work

jo233

Lite-on dvdrw sohw 1633s

'Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)'

ide-dvd rom 6116

'Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)'

both devices open but do not recognise that any discs are in

Have you tried going to the manufacturer's website and downloading the drivers for your drives? Re installing the drivers would repair the registry information that it is having trouble with.

Hope this helps :)

~Alex

I wasn't sure what site and what links were correct, would you be able to have a search for them too?

edit: I have windows xp 32 system

My dvd seems fine now.

I tried the link for lite on driver and followed the steps (in attached PDF) but the 'recordnow' (I have version 7) showed 'no suitable drive is detected'.(as shown in 'sonoc' attached file)

Attachments

• sp26570.pdf
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
  • sonoc.JPG
    sonoc.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 1
...'no suitable drive is detected'.
You could also try to manually delete the upper and lower filters. See here for details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060.

As an alternative, you could go to Roxio's website and see if there is a fix somewhere there. You might have to search through their forums for an answer. I once had a similar problem with Easy CD and DVD Burning 6. After some searching I found a utility program that fixed it.

Back