CD Recovery Disc

JstaDrmer

I want to make a CD Recovery Disc for my PC (just in case I may need one) but I'm not sure how to make one. Does my computer already have a program on it to make the CD or do I need to download a program for that purpose?

Come on guy, (or gal), you have to at least guess there's nowhere near enough information there to answer that question.
But generally, if the PC is a store bought, it either came with "restore discs", or provides you with a program to burn a set.

BTW way, I doubt in this day and age, it will be a restore "CD". It would likely be one or more DVD's.

Different "distros" of the Linux OS can be used in what is known as a "live run", to recover files, but they will do nothing to repair a damaged Windows installation. These can be had online for free. The most often Linux OS installed these days is "Ubuntu", and it can be gotten online here: https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop.

You can also purchase a disc imaging (meaning the hard drive) program such as "Acronis", to create backups of the entire system.

If this is a new or recently purchased machine, the company's support phone number is likely to be your best friend.

So, gather your facts and post back, (make model, age, etc.), and we'll see if we can figure this out.

Well I thank you there ma'am (or sir) for the reply, and I will definitely keep in mind to add more details should I need to post again. This (gal) figured it out by using the HP built-in Recovery DVD set maker which allows you to make 1 set of recovery discs. You have a good evening now ya hear. :D

Well I thank you there ma'am (or sir) for the reply,You have a good evening now ya hear. :D
Dear god young lady, do you really think I'd use that avatar, if I were female?

That one burn recovery set is sort of standard operating procedure for store bought PCs.

(And this is only for the insecure, and don't tell anyone I told you this), But generally speaking, you can use the free program "ImgBurn", to rip those recovery discs to an ISO file, and burn an extra set for storage elsewhere.

In any case, a clean copy of "ImgBurn" should be available in our "Download" section. Here again, I don't know where you are with this hobby /pastime /necessity known as the 'computer', but no machine with an optical drive, (IMO), is complete without that program. If you're already aware of his, accept my apologies.

Haha!! Thank you for that info.. and Yes now that I look at the avatar you sure picked a good one to go with the name ;) As for mine I'm just a dreamer, so I think mine fits as well. I'll check the download out.. Thank you

Believe it or not, a former participant in these forums penned that for me. I logged in one day and got, "here's your avatar", in a PM. I've been grateful ever since (*). Tragically though, the older I get the more I look like it..:D
Due to extreme vanity concerns on my part, I was hoping I would stay young, as the image grew older and more horrific. Hey, it seemed to work for Dorian Gray..

In any event, you're quite welcome..(y)

(*) Along with working my tail off to unlearn any positive people skills which could possibly remain from my misspent youth. And yeah, I'm trying my darnedest to live up to its personna. ;)

Last edited:
Back