Celebrate the Kindle's 10th anniversary with this discount

Shawn Knight

Staff member

November marks the 10-year anniversary of Amazon’s Kindle line of e-book readers but you don’t have to wait until next month to join the celebration.

The e-commerce giant from now through October 25 is offering discounts on three of its most popular models in addition to savings of up to 85 percent on top-selling e-books.

The entry-level Kindle can be yours for $49.99, a savings of 38 percent over the regular $79.99 list price. Amazon’s Kindle Paperwhite normally goes for $119.99 but can be had for just $89.99, or 25 percent off the standard retail price. The Kindle Voyage, meanwhile, has been marked down from its everyday price of $199.99 to $169.99, representing a savings of 15 percent.

Amazon earlier this month unveiled its thinnest and lightest Kindle to date. The 8th generation Kindle Oasis features a larger 7-inch display and is the company’s first waterproof e-book reader. It’ll start at $249.99 when it launches on October 31 but unfortunately, it isn’t one of the devices on sale this week.

It’s unusual to see a sale of this caliber so close to Black Friday and Cyber Monday but given the special circumstances, it’s clear that exceptions were made. The only question is, should you jump on this deal now or wait and see what the days following Thanksgiving bring? Decisions, decisions.

Permalink to story.

Got a kindle paperwhite a few months ago. I quite like it, sometimes I miss the physical page turning buttons but the touch screen isnt nearly as annoying as I thought it might be.

I resisted the Kindle for years. I have a Kindle Keyboard and now I can't imagine not having it. I was reading on my tablet and sold the KK on ebay a few years back. Chick I sold it to said it was busted and returned it. It was busted but I got a new board delivered for less then $5. Now I read all my ebooks on it. The light from the tablet was too much no matter the filter or light level. Wifey has a Kindle too. They are a good product and using Calibre and Usenet books are dirt cheap. What Amazon charges for e-books is an affront to human decency. If you haven't yet buy a kindle

Back