Certain Websites Are Timing Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, about 24hrs ago I was able to access: overclock.net & den-a.plr.liquidcompass.cc/etm_plr/audio_player.php?id=KQRC . But for some reason I can't connect to them. I have tried everything I have read to: resetting modem and router (let them sit for 10mins), reset defaults on router, Clear DNS cache, scan for viruses, connect directly to modem, restart computer, check firewall (I even turned it off). Some of you may be thinking that possibly both those sites are just down. They aren't, thats why I provided the links. I also checked to see if this was isolated to my computer. It isn't. Every computer on my network is having that problem. I have pretty much narrowed it down to ISP or Modem. I could have possibly overlooked something tho. My router is a Linksys WRT54G v5 and my modem is a Westell B90 Rev. D DSL Modem. I have another modem which is a VisionNet M404, but it needs to be bridged to work and I don't know how to do that. If you can please help me I would thank you so much.

Check your hosts file.

Check your blocked Security (restricted) and Privacy sites.

Try adding the overclock.net site to Trusted Sites.

The Linksys WRT54G v5 is a great router, but I had a similar problem that was caused by the router. If you can, try another router

Well, jobeard is pretty good with these things-if you checked the 'blockers' I noted above, then pm him to advise.

If that site usesd Torrents, your IP may very well have recently started blocking such places.

gl

Well, I only get to play with Vista when I work on the MIL's comp.

But, in IE7, click Tools, Internet Options and click on privacy and check your sites. Also, make sure pop-ups are at Medium block.

In Security, click Restricted and check the sites.

For hosts files list, do a search.

Just to add a bit more info. This is happening in both FF and IE. Its not only limited to my computer. It happens on my moms laptop. It also happens when hooked directly to the modem.

Just where is the network and your Mom's laptop being used? At your work?

Can you try getting on line elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back