Need to see routers that are using my modem, wifi extenders etc

Willik

I haven't seen this question on the boards. I can see who is logged into my router, unless there is a way to log in without being noted. But if there are other wifi extenders and routers using my modem, I am not able to see them. My modem has 24 down channels and 4 up. I live alone in apts, and have three main devices. Since I've been hacked several times by someone nearby, I need to lock my router and modem down. Any advice would be great. It's a powerful modem because I thought I would need cable, but I haven't. How can I see devices that are using my modem? Do I need an app? An additional router? Thank you so much. I run a tablet, a camera etc. Nothing big or fancy. :innocent: If using Bluetooth is involved, I will need you to talk me thru it, thank you.

Modem: MB7621 Motorola
Router: TP-Link AX 1800

Last edited:
I am pretty sure to access this device you have to be on your network or directly plugged into it. To secure it you just log into it and change the password.

Thank you so much. So when it resets, how does it reset remotely? 😳I live in apts, since I have an immune deficiency, I usually only leave fairly rarely rn. Or does it reset itself? And why?

This sounds like a hardware problem or possibly a firmware issue. If the firmware is up to date it may be the hardware. The only other thing I can suggest is to contact your cable provider and see if they have any known issues with that model.

Thank you so much!! That is very helpful. I will search around for others who have the resetting problem. Do you know if having your modem on default is ok? Sometimes I don't notice the reset for a couple days

I understand. It should not be a huge security risk as the device can only be accessed from either inside your network or directly connected.

I also found this Motorola model numbers starting with the letters MB (7220, 7420, 7621 and 8600) are known as Bridge Modems. as such, they are already in Bridge Mode by default, no further configuration is required.
So it sounds like I may not need two routers, or even the AX1800? Maybe that's the problem? But I like the extra security a separate modem provides. Thank you so much.

You can restrict access to the router by mac addresses. There is a table in the router settings you can list the mac addresses of the devices you want to access the router and only devices with those mac addresses will gain access. You also need to insure you change the password to the program of the router because an expert hacker can log into a router and do what is called clone the mac address and still gain access.

Last edited:
Back