Change IP - bat file needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sritce

Hi,i need a bat file for changing IP address randomly ..Also should change in the ip range.For ex.now this is my setting..

Ip address : 192.168.1.2
subnet mask : 255.0.0.0
default gateway :192.168.1.1

preferred dns :125.22.47.125
alternate dns :202.56.250.5

Now i need a bat file which should change my ip address alone randomly in the range 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.100...I dont know its possible or not..but i need to do this how can i..thanks in advance..

hmm; very strange request to perform randomization via bat file.

we normally recommend using DHCP to make the assignments to avoid collisions with
other systems on the subnet.

there is no advantage to randomization

so imo, this is very suspicious of being some kind of hacking effort ...

makes no sense on the LAN side, as the public WAN ip address is set by the ISP and that would be where we would track down spammers :)

makes no sense on the LAN side, as the public WAN ip address is set by the ISP and that would be where we would track down spammers :)

dude i am not for hacking ..And i made a mess here..after all just now figured out the difference between system ip and internet ip...My objective is to restart my modem automatically using a batch file to get new ip ..I guess now i am clear..sorry guys..

Now i found how to reboot the my modem for getting my new ip..Now last step guys pls help..This is the command i used to give in cmd prompt for rebooting modem.

telnet 192.168.1.1
pasword : (Now it asks for password )
set reboot

Done its working.But how to make batch file for this because the second line is password input.and this password is CONSTANT(means same for all) ...help guys..My thanks to all who replied..

I know it can be done; but why would anyone want to do it?
Sorry made a mess here..My objective is to restart my modem automatically using a batch file to get new ip ..I guess now i am clear..sorry guys..

Now i found how to reboot the my modem for getting my new ip..Now last step guys pls help..This is the command i used to give in cmd prompt for rebooting modem.

telnet 192.168.1.1
pasword : (Now it asks for password )
set reboot

Done its working.But how to make batch file for this because the second line is password input.and this password is CONSTANT(means same for all) ...help guys..My thanks to all who replied..

Ah that clarifies it; but as far as I've known it can be done for LAN settings; I am pretty much sure the procedure I know would not work on Modem. But anyway, whats the make/model/type of modem you are referring to.

Also try downloading this util if it can see your modem may be something can be done about it.

Ah that clarifies it; but as far as I've known it can be done for LAN settings; I am pretty much sure the procedure I know would not work on Modem. But anyway, whats the make/model/type of modem you are referring to.

Also try downloading this util if it can see your modem may be something can be done about it.

i want to restart my model automatically at night.so i need batch file so that i ll schedule it..

modem name : beetel 450tc1adsl2+ router....

this is the commands to do restart my modem..
telnet 192.168.1.1
Password : (it asks for password and now it should take it autoamtically from that batch file so that it continues with out asking for input)
set restart

now how to make this as batch file..important is that it doesnt wait for user input for password..help me guys..thanks..

no matter what you do, the ISP will control the WAN side (ie: public ) ip address of your modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back