Chevy and Dominos have partnered up to let you order pizza directly from your car

Polycount

Staff

If you aren't lucky enough to live in an area where Domino's is rolling out autonomous pizza delivery, you aren't completely out of luck if you want a slightly more convenient ordering experience. Chevy today announced a new partnership with Domino's, which is aimed at making ordering pizza as "easy as pie."

Eligible Chevy drivers will now be able to place a Domino's order from the comfort of their vehicle, the carmaker claims; provided the vehicle in question has a touch screen with Chevrolet Marketplace integration. If it does, drivers will be able to sign in to their Domino's account and easily place a pizza order.

"Domino's has offered pizza lovers innovative ordering and delivery options for years. At the same time, Chevy put technologies in place that allows us to add capabilities to vehicles already on the road, like the ability for our drivers to order pizza through the touchscreen," Chevrolet Marketplace "business leader" Scott Goddard said in a statement. "This new in-vehicle solution is a natural collaboration that both Chevy drivers and pizza connoisseurs can enjoy."

"This new in-vehicle solution is a natural collaboration that both Chevy drivers and pizza connoisseurs can enjoy."

There is a slight catch, though: you'll only be able to place orders from your "Easy Order" favorites list or your recent order list. That might be slightly frustrating for more spontaneous individuals who like to try something new with every purchase, but with a little bit of preparation, it probably won't be that big of a deal.

We should also note that though you can now place an order from your car, you still can't have it delivered to your car. As amusing as that would be, Chevy and Domino's have kept things simple -- all orders placed through Marketplace must be for in-store pick-up or delivery to an address.

Permalink to story.

Can do that now ..... it's called a cell phone ....... it's a miracle!

Now if Chevy were on the ball they would have made it so you could add ANY pizza company and add the logo to match the name. Once again Chevy just doesn't quite get it right. A nice try but once again just short of the mark ......

Last edited:
I wouldn't doubt they would allow this while you are driving. It seems everything else is. Do you get a discount if you kill a pedestrian while ordering?

"pizza connoisseurs can enjoy"... a connoisseur would choose Dominoes? lol. I am so glad they also didn't say "car connoisseur". Chevy?

Since anyone who has a relatively new car has a cell phone that is paired via Bluetooth... I fail to see the need for this.... your cell can order a pizza from any restaurant you want... can also order Chinese or Thai food....

I'm not sure why I would want to order pizza from my car, and if I did need to do that for some reason wouldn't it be simpler to just use my phone? This seems like a solution looking for a problem.

I have not had Dominos in years, and I never will again. As I recall, it seemed like cardboard would have tasted better.
To be fair to Domino's, (in spite of my better judgment, and potential self loathing induced by what I'm about to say), "Little Caesar's" is quite possibly worse.

The first, last, and only time I indulged myself with one of their pizza's I walked into my local LC's and was immediately treated to the olfactory assault of well used, bordering on rancid (?) cooking oil. Oh well, I gave it a try in spite of that. I will say one thing in Little Caesar's favor, it was the first pizza I ever had, which didn't stop up my plumbing.

Subsequently, I ceremonially renamed a creek between my house and Little Caesar's "the Rubicon". If history has anything to teach us, it's that Julius Caesar and his army shouldn't have crossed that damned creek, but rather stayed in his tent and had pizza from Digourno's.

Try and bear with my bitterness and anguish toward this topic. I'm facing a desolate future of loneliness and starvation, in that I own neither cell phone, nor new Chevy.. Hopefully, the family Swanson will rescue me, in these, my darkest of dayz. :burp:

Coda:
To the upside, saving the cardboard stiffener beneath any of the popular brands of frozen pizza's, combined with grabbing an old Domino's box out of someone's recycling can, and applying some sauce and grated cheese, could possibly recreate the "Domino's pizza experience", without ever picking up a phone, or needing to, "see the USA in your Chevrolet". :poop:

Last edited:
@Polycount This article, is a truly elegant example of click bait elevated to a high art. It exemplifies just how stupid and device dependent this current generation has become, and how the raptors of Madison avenue swoop in to prey upon that . In the meantime, it makes we Techspotters feel like we're really brilliant to have figured out that this is pure corporate greed, and pandering to the lowest common denominator of human IQs, all by our little old lonesomes...

The humorous comments this type of tripe provokes, are nothing if not comical and entertaining. Good show! :laughing:(y) (Y)

Last edited:
Just what America needs: another way to order pizza. With only 72% of our population overweight - and a mere 40% obese - it's good to see some progress on this front.

Just what America needs: another way to order pizza. With only 72% of our population overweight - and a mere 40% obese - it's good to see some progress on this front.
Why the cynicism and sarcasm? Those numbers only serve to prove that the Federal Food Stamp Program, is succeeding well beyond anybody's wildest hopes or dreams for it. (y) (Y).

Although granted, overfly photographs from a drone above any inner city street, are apt to be confused with pictures of a stockyard... :rolleyes:

I went to my local Chevy dealer and wanted to custom order my new Chevy truck. I told them to add extra cheese and 20 inch rims. I asked if I don't get it in 15 mins is it Free?

I can do this in my 05 bimmer. Given, it has an android head unit but still...
I won't ever do this but I can if I wanted.
I could even put the just eat app on there and order any food I wanted.
I could go so far as to put the ebay app on my car and buy a new car directly from my car.
Or like everyone else, I could just not.

Try and bear with my bitterness and anguish toward this topic. I'm facing a desolate future of loneliness and starvation, in that I own neither cell phone, nor new Chevy.. Hopefully, the family Swanson will rescue me, in these, my darkest of dayz. :burp:
I've given up on getting almost any pre-made pizza. I make my own, now, grind my own flour and all. It's a much more satisfying :burp:! :laughing:
Why the cynicism and sarcasm? Those numbers only serve to prove that the Federal Food Stamp Program, is succeeding well beyond anybody's wildest hopes or dreams for it. (y) (Y).
But on the SNAP program, you probably will not quite encounter anything like this, which, IMO, is probably more accurate for at least some of those hefty people. ;)

Back