Chinese retailers list the Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Ti for over $1,000

midian182

Staff member
In brief: For the second time this week, listings for the upcoming RTX 4070 Ti have been spotted at overseas retailers, and for much higher prices than expected. This time, some Chinese e-stores have confirmed they are taking pre-orders for the next Lovelace entry, with prices all above $1,000. That's more than the $900 RTX 4080 12GB, which Nvidia unlaunched and rebranded into the RTX 4070 Ti.

The RTX 4070 Ti doesn't launch until the first week of January, with most rumors pointing to January 5 as the exact release date. That's only nine days away, which is why some overseas retailers are already listing, taking pre-orders for, and, in some cases, selling the cards.

The new listings come from Chinese e-retailers, including Taobao and JD, and cover several AIB partner cards—Inno3D, MSI, Gigabyte, and Colorful—as well as the Founder's Edition. According to the reports, the FE price should start at 7,000 RMB, which is just over $1,000. The custom designs start at 7,199 RMB, or around $1,033, and go all the way up to 8,399 RMB (roughly $1,206) for the Inno3D RTX 4070 Ti iChill.

We still don't know the RTX 4070 Ti's official US MSRP. Most are expecting it to be considerably lower than the RTX 4080 12GB's $900, but the indications from China aren't good. The RTX 4080 12GB has an MSRP of 7,199 RMB in the Asian nation, about the same price as the newly listed RTX 4070 Ti cards.

China's prices are at least better than those in Serbia. Redditors noted that retailers are selling RTX 4070 Ti cards in the country for a massive $1,400, a few hundred dollars more than the official RTX 4080 16GB MSRP. But then all tech products in Serbia sell for much higher than they should: the RTX 4080 often goes for $1,700, while the RTX 4090 sells for a minimum of $2,500.

Some of the RTX 4070 Ti's specs are said to include a full-fat AD104 GPU, 7,680 CUDA cores, 12GB of DDR6X memory clocked at 21 Gbps, a 192-bit memory bus, and 504 GB/s of bandwidth. It's also rumored to feature a 285W TBP. We should find out the full details next week.

Thanks, VideoCardz

Permalink to story.

The most frustrating part about these generation of graphics isn't that they are bad cards, it's that the prices are absurd. You take away the price and both the 7000 series and 40 series have a bunch of really cool tech while also being performance monsters.

Well lets hope they don't sell and that the 7800xt or whatever will be a great value while also offering some great performance.

Going off of die size alone, the 4090 has more in common with x80 series dies, the 4080 has more in common in x70 series and the rumored specs on the 4070 is more like a x60ti. That really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

So NVIDIA finally decided it doesn't want to sell Ada Lovelace GPUs to normal human beings at all?
Oh, I don't know about that. I would seem now that the mining boom is in remission, everybody's getting cocky about prices. Yet when cards were rare, some people were practically selling their first born to get one. Say it ain't so.

They still think there is a market for this "pandemic prices".
Waiting for 2022 results, Q1 and H1 2023 for both vendors.

It's not the end of PC, just the end of video games at normal prices.
frankly, most of this pricing nonsense is pressure from investors that don't seem to understand what the end of crypto mining means for GPU sales. The market has been bleed dry several times over, prices will have to drop. We're already seeing that with the 4080, in that it isn't selling and likely to see it with everything else under it. There will be a market correction but I don't see it happening until Q3 2023. We got a retail correction with the end of mining but now the manufacturers want to be the scalpers. We're seeing CPUs, DDR5, motherboards, storage and even case prices drop, it wont be long until the GPUs follow.

The GPUs are the last hold out

Lol; well the only way Ngreedia is going to get spanked into submission is for AMD to undercut the daylights out of them in price/performance.

The most frustrating part about these generation of graphics isn't that they are bad cards, it's that the prices are absurd. You take away the price and both the 7000 series and 40 series have a bunch of really cool tech while also being performance monsters.

Well lets hope they don't sell and that the 7800xt or whatever will be a great value while also offering some great performance.

Going off of die size alone, the 4090 has more in common with x80 series dies, the 4080 has more in common in x70 series and the rumored specs on the 4070 is more like a x60ti. That really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Retailers are just scumbags.
Here in Poland they are charging 1400USD - 1900USD for 7900XTX......
I'm so sick of this crap. I honestly hope they all get smashed with leftover stock. At least consumers seem to be waking up. Most of the ask question sections have people complaining about the ridiculous prices.

frankly, most of this pricing nonsense is pressure from investors that don't seem to understand what the end of crypto mining means for GPU sales. The market has been bleed dry several times over, prices will have to drop. We're already seeing that with the 4080, in that it isn't selling and likely to see it with everything else under it. There will be a market correction but I don't see it happening until Q3 2023. We got a retail correction with the end of mining but now the manufacturers want to be the scalpers. We're seeing CPUs, DDR5, motherboards, storage and even case prices drop, it wont be long until the GPUs follow.

The GPUs are the last hold out
If my gpu fails tomorrow. I will lust go buy an xbox one x and use game pass. I can easily afford a $1000 gpu, But I dont want to support these rubbish prices, you cant even get a 3080 in Australia FOR under aud $1000.......

So…will the moniker DOA be used or it only applies to AMD gpus?

https://www.techspot.com/review/2589-amd-radeon-7900-xt/

That said, both amd and nvidia needs to stop this pricing nonsense. This is ridiculous at this point.

It‘ll get 90/100 for sure.

I for one was actually happy and commending nVidia for not calling it a 4080. While I was expecting it to be relaunched as a 4070 class card, I was also expecting 70 class pricing.

So NVIDIA finally decided it doesn't want to sell Ada Lovelace GPUs to normal human beings at all?

Imho, that hasn‘t been their business model since Turing and they‘ve been doing pretty well so far.

So…will the moniker DOA be used or it only applies to AMD gpus?

https://www.techspot.com/review/2589-amd-radeon-7900-xt/

That said, both amd and nvidia needs to stop this pricing nonsense. This is ridiculous at this point.
I actually posted yesterday that the 4070 is DOA @$900. Of course, the 7900 series and 4080 are also DOA. People justifying the 7900XTX because it's $200 less than the 4080 are just rationalizing spending a ridiculous amount for a GPU. A 15-20% price drop would be a good first step, but don't count on it.

Lol; well the only way Ngreedia is going to get spanked into submission is for AMD to undercut the daylights out of them in price/performance.
And that isn't happening. The XTX failed to deliver 4090 performance and is pretty much a 4080 at a lower price point. But it's still a $1000 GPU. Way too high for most gamers to justify. The 7900XT and 4070Ti will likely be close in performance and also too expensive at $900.

And that isn't happening. The XTX failed to deliver 4090 performance and is pretty much a 4080 at a lower price point. But it's still a $1000 GPU. Way too high for most gamers to justify. The 7900XT and 4070Ti will likely be close in performance and also too expensive at $900.
It was never marketed as a 4090 competitor. AMD even explicitly stated it was not a 4090 competitor

It was never marketed as a 4090 competitor. AMD even explicitly stated it was not a 4090 competitor
But people were hoping for near 4090 performance at a much lower price and that didn't happen. They certainly weren't looking for 4080 performance with lower RT scores. AMD didn't compare to 4090 because they knew they wouldn't be close enough.

Bottom line is AMD isn't crushing Nvidia and neither company is going to do well until they realize that $1000 GPUs are a non-starter for many gamers.

Back