Choosing motherboard on B550

Hi everybody,
I'd like to buy a new mobo, if a see a good offering with the upcoming Back Friday. So my choices are: MSI B550 Gaming Edge WIFI and ASUS B550 Strix-F WIFI. Which one you recommend? Take notice that I'd like to install a Ryzen 5600 (when it will be available) or at most a 5600X, both running at stock frequencies. So no cpu overclocking. Only a XMP profile been set. But anyway I'd like to have a mainboard with a solid and efficient VRM. Looking forward to your answer. Thanks.

Tell me why please...what's wrong with this mobo or this brand?
Good question.
I also want to know ASUS MoBo? -- say "Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming" motherboard.
May be some times we may skip the important cons. of the product/brand.
Please reply and oblige.
Regards.
Navin Talati

Hi Navin, that's what I know about these two mobos. Talking about VRM, I think MSI has a better VRM than ASUS. Both have a "teamed" VRM. Talking about features, I think ASUS has a better ethernet controller, a better audio chipset and (maybe) a better BIOS. Considering that I don't need WiFi, I will not try to overclock, just a Ryzen 5600/5600x (when I will find one 😠) running at stock frequencies, that both mobos has the same VRM thermal performance (MSI is just a little bit better) and I've just found ASUS 30 euro less than MSI, I just picked that. At the end I have to add that ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming don't have a temperature sensor on VRM. I don't why ASUS made such a (bad) choice for this mobo. I hope I helped you.

Back