CID Popups

Status
Not open for further replies.

kim190456

I am being troubled by CiD popups. Can anyone help me to cure this problem. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

The first thing that I need you to do for me is to download and install HijackThis for me,

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in its own folder, usually C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis. Please don't change the directory as it is necessary to create backups.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete attach the log in your reply.
Do not attempt to fix any item yet.
Do not add anything to the ignore list.
Don't use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.

Hijackthis will give me an idea as to what nasty things there are lurking about in your system and will help the both of us get rid of them.

If you have any problems or questions then please post back.

Download and Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please attach the log into your next reply.
  • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

1)Uninstall any of the following program(s) using Add/Remove Programs if they are present. To do this, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel and

double-click on Add/Remove Programs. From within Add/Remove Programs

highlight each one and select Remove.

Netpumper
BitRoll
Browser Enhancer
CiD Help
CiD Manager
Download Plugin for Internet Explorer
Lop.com
LOP SEARCH
Messenger Plus
Ultimate Browser Enhance
Window Search
Window Searching
Zone Media

2)Setup" is now displayed. Click on the Uninstall button. Note: options

displayed on the first screen are not related to the sponsor program.

3)The sponsor screen is now displayed (if you don't see it, search for it

in your Task Bar). To prove that someone is currently reading the screen,

you have to type the code that is displayed
. Once you enter the code,

press Uninstall.

4)If you entered the code properly, the program will ask you to confirm that

you want to uninstall. You must answer "Yes" to this question,

else, you won't have another chance of uninstalling.

5)Reboot your computer

6)Run another scan with Hijackthis and attach a new log

I have followed your instructions and attach the logs as requested. Look forward to your reply. Thank you

Hi sorry about the wait, just need to check a few things,

Fix entries using HiJackThis
  • Launch HiJackThis
  • Click the Do a system scan only button
  • Put a check next to the entries listed below
O9 - Extra button: BitComet - {D18A0B52-D63C-4ed0-AFC6-C1E3DC1AF43A} - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\tools\BitCometBHO_1.2.2.28.dll/206 (file missing)

• IMPORTANT: Do NOT click fix until you exit all browser sessions including the one you are reading in right now
  • Click the Fix checked button and close HiJackThis
  • Reboot HijackThis if necessary

No further issue?

Cid Pop Ups

Thansk for your repley but after following your last set of instructions the CID pop ups have stopped. Do you still want me to follow these last instructions

Yes, you may as well get rid of that, it is unnecessary and can be deleted. Are you happy that your system is clean or would you like to do extra checks?

By the way the pop ups more than likely came from messenger plus

Cid Pop Ups

I have fixed the item as you requested. If there are more checks you can do to ensure my sysyem is clean then please advise me what to do next. Thank you

Download and Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please attach the log into your next reply.
  • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

I would like you to do an online scan so that we can what else may be in your system,
Run Kaspersky online scanner
With the exception of Internet Explorer, which must be used for this scan, keep ALL programs closed
Note: It is recommended to disable onboard antivirus program and antispyware programs while performing scans to speed up scan time and to make sure there are no conflicts.
Do not go surfing while your resident protection is disabled!
Once the scan is finished remember to re-enable resident antivirus protection along with whatever antispyware application you use.

Do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner in Internet Explorer. You will be prompted to install and run an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the accept button of the licence, click on the Zoom tool located at the right bottom of the IE window and set the zoom to 75%. Once the licence accepted, reset to 100%.
  • The program will launch and then start to download the latest definition files.
  • Once the scanner is installed and the definitions downloaded, click Next.
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make sure that the following are selected:
    o Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    o Extended (If available, otherwise use standard)
    o Scan Options:
    o Scan Archives
    o Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Under select a target to scan, select My Computer
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Please do not use your computer while the scan is running. Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
  • Click the Save Report As... button (see red arrow below)

Kas-SaveReport-1.gif

• In the Save as... prompt, select Desktop
  • In the File name box, name the file
  • In the Save as type prompt, select Text file (see below)

Kas-Savetxt.gif

• Include the report in your next post.

Cid Pop Ups

I attach the Malaware log. I have run the Kaspersky scan but am unable to up load the report as it is 19.4mb. can you advise please

Go to my profile and select send an email to kritius, send the log in that e mail.

Ill have to look at it later though.

CID Pop Ups

I have tried to send the log to your email but have got the following message

Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.

You are stopping kim190456 from continuing because of this file size (trying to split it or whatever)
I don't believe this is the best approach, there must be a text log of the results, that are not so big.
Or maybe another option.

I know that you are better than me at diagnosing this (way better)
But I'm concerned that nothing is going to happen (let alone future members who have a 40 meg file !)

Something's gotta break here!
I don't believe you need a 20Meg file (if you do, you might suggest to torrent it !)

Cant really move on until I see which areas are infected. The only other things that kim can do are redo the scan and hope there was an error first time round, split the log up, or manually go through and pull out the infected lines and post them here.

I usually have the OP email it to me through clicking on my name and selecting to email. This is not an unsafe practice if you are careful. Also can have them copy and paste the log into a few post

Feel free to have them send it to me if you guys are uncomfortable with this, just make sure the subject line has their name and what they are attaching. I will shrink them down and attach them on their behalf

My email can be found by clicking my name and selecting send email to Blind Dragon

It is going to be impossible to post he log. Will take forever. I have even put it into a word document and its over 10 million characters and nearly 4000 pages.

Any other ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back