Clogged Epson ink ports (not print head)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phkhgh

Have Epson stylus photo 820. Is there a reliable method to clean tops of INK PORTS that go into print carts?

Most holes around tops of ports are completely coated so not even visible. Don't know the print head itself is clogged. Tops of ports appear to have a series of tiny holes around the top, like a gas cook stove burner.

Any suggestions on how to get the dried ink off tops of ports?

Read about cleaning kit for PRINT HEAD, but would they work unclogging the port holes? If so, how?

Would appreciate recommendations on specific kits, or other methods others have used.

Thanks!

Thanks. Tried 91% alcohol - rubbing tops of ink ports & even used tiny plastic bristle brush. No ink came off at all that I could tell. Also tried straight household ammonia. Didn't soak the ink ports for hours in either. Others suggested soakingin water in crock pot on low for several hrs - didn't do anything.

Still have bleach & WD-40 as suggestions to try. Amazing that ink on a page will smear easily, but is bullet proof on the ink ports.

Seems like you've tried all the suggestions I would have came up with. It may be worth spending a few bucks (likely less than $10) and seeing if there are any cleaning cartridges for your printer, yes, there are cartridges made specifically for cleaning. I'd take a look at www.tylermartin.com to see if they have any for your printer. I know their site looks like it was designed by a 5th grader in his first computer course, but they are legit, I've ordered from them many times in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back