CMOS Battery location on a Sony GRX500K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Code Butcher

Hello all,

I have a Sony VAIO PCG-GRX500K. I always have to set my clock when power it on. I tried to look for the battery, but cant seem to locate it. It's not like my older VAIO PCG-FX190 which was easy to find. Can anyone help me? I'm hoping it's just a button cell like the normal CR2032.

So you may have to disassemble down to the bare motherboard. I have seen the CMOS batteries under the LED/switch panel near the top cover hinges

That's where the battery is on my old FX190, at the top cover. The GRX series are different. I guess I'll have to disassemble the rest of the case. I wonder why they make it so hard to change the CMOS battery? I guess it's so you buy another one in 5 years.

I also have an older Inspiron LT, and the battery is not even a button cell, it's a like a battery pack with a pigtail.

Update

I found the battery, had to remove the shielding under the keyboard, then a cooling fan assembly. It was tucked underneith the cooling fan assembly towards the back. Now I need to find out where to buy one of these things. It's a 2.4V 15mAh Ni-MH. A couple of sellers on fleabay want $20 shipped, but I hope I can find it cheaper elsewhere.

$20 shipped is not unreasonable for this model Sony CMOS battery. They should be good for 4 to 6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back