COD4 on my PC - Textures dissapear, graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancell

COD4 on my PC - Textures dissapear, graphics? PLEASE HELP PLEASE

Hi all I wasnt sure to post this here or in hardware forum.. Its kinda under both so prob do a double post. As im not sure if its just a game problem or more serious anyway..

The problem is.. I load cod4 up.. Get fps lag for like 5 mins.. Get 125 constent then drops to 20 then back to 125.. This happens for 5 mins.. Then game is FINE.. The game plays smooth on 125 constent for ABOUT 10-15 mins.. Then the game just goes wierd.. All numbers come up letters.. All the textures go.. All the walls go green, blue, red.. diff colors random images on walls, one time even a picture of a person :S .. Cant see no text its all blury.. Just total mess. If it happens tomorrow il provide screen shot (It will happen tomorrow)

Erm PC Specs of top my head are:

8600gtx
Artic cool 600w or 700w
Ram is 2gb.. Could have 4gb.. Come to that in sec
250Gb HDD
Deathadder Mouse
Saitek 2 Keyboard
Onboud Sound (P35 Neo Mobo)
CPU I think is Intel Pentium 3ghz
Erm think thats all ?
Monitor is a samsung erm its a big monitor but I got it on 1024x700 on cod4 (think) Im on laptop so cant check all 100%

Any help would be appreicated..

(PS)

My pc also sometimes freezes on cod2 and sometimes I get BSOD.. I have posted my minidumps on this site and they said it was memory problem but we checked all that and we all couldent find out what was wrong.

I use to be able play cod4 fine ages ago and (just a few days ago)
Any help ? Advice? Or if sumik sounds corrupt in my pc what piece of hardware would it be ?

Dan

Sorry for the essay ha xD

that initially sounds like a hardware problem, is the card at stock settings? and is it getting hot?

Thx for reply :)

Yeah erm I thought it was prob hardware :( Just really dont know how to identify what bit of hardware it is... Could be more then one piece :(

Erm well my GPU gfx card temp is around 47-50 thats it idle temp..and it is at stock settings.... Im not sure how hot it gets when I play games... Funny enough I have took the side of my case off but this didnt help then last nite.. I did actually put my desktop fan next to my case to blow cold air into its direction... Loaded me game but textures all corrupt after another 10 mins so took away the fan as that didnt work.. I dont know what (free) program can tell my cpu temp....

What bit of hardware do you think is broke from the sounds of my problem ?

Like even when my all my graphics disspear in game.. I exit the game. Then half of desktop loads then freezes... takes like 5 mins for pc to unfreeze and work again.. Also if I got any music on... The music goes into a loop and repeats its self when it freezes... I also use to get bsod.. I posted that topic on here to in windows os section.. They said it sounds like a memory or hardware problem.. But couldent pin point exactly what bit as the minidumps was all different messages..

Erm if it helps.. Later today when im on my pc.. Il take some screenshots of the textures and graphics all dissapearing. If this would help at all?

Erm if it helps.. Later today when im on my pc.. Il take some screenshots of the textures and graphics all dissapearing. If this would help at all?

yes actually i think it would if you can catch it in the middle of all this. if its doing what I think its doing its Graphics card related. more specifically a infinite loop situation, i assume that you have cleaned out the old drivers and installed the latest?

Well my call of duty 2 use to freeze and loop... or just freeze then blue screen of death.. After not finding out why.. I did actually do a fresh reinstall of windows... Which was like a month ago.. So I do have latest drivers.. ( But yeah when my cod2 use to freeze and loop.. Other peope told me to update my sound, gfx, mobo drivers.. I did all that but it didnt stop the freezing..

I will give it another try tho as Im not busy today..

Later today I will try get some screenshots for you :) and hopefully its the problem you think it is lol.. Because its nightmare getting problems and freezes when you dont have a clue what bit of hardware is doing it..

Do you no any programs I could use to check my cpu temp ?
And il also check that :)

Cheerz for help

Thx :D

Im just on pc now and on cod4.. Never happens for like hour lol..

But il deff have the screenshots for ya and once again thx.. Lets just hope it is something you reckonize cause just wanna get it fixed lol.

K on my pc aint checked cpu temp will do that now..

Here is 2 screenshots from yesterday and im trying get some more.

Attachments

• lmao.JPG
    lmao.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 11
  • lol.JPG
    lol.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 11
K hope im reading this ok as its giving 3 temps in a row ..

First temps CPU :

TMPIN0 44C 45C 48C
TMPIN1 33C 32C 33C

I think thats cpu temps but confused lol.. Y does it give 3 temps and is that my cpu temp ?

I also saved it all so u can look at it.

It also just happened now the graphics went all bright and pc froze.. Pressed print screen.. Den ctrl alt delete.. Cod4 not responding.. clicked end process.. which normally works.. Den all screen went black.. waited like 10 mins still stayed black could hear my mate on teamspeak still... In end restarted pc..

Happened again today but lucky I got the screenshot and pc didnt crash totally...

Attachments

• again.JPG
    again.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 5
Looks like a problem with your graphics card. Could you borrow another card and try COD4 on that? Let us know. This has happened to me previously (very rarely, though) on NFS Most Wanted when I was using a 7300GS. Never knew what caused it. Restarting the game usually helped.

I aint got another PCI card :( all my old cards are AGP from me old system which is gone. :(

Would it be possible to arrange one temporarily / borrow one from a friend. Else it's going to be seriously difficult to determine the cause. Anyhow, I still feel it's a graphics card issue.

**I just saw in another thread that you've borrowed a friend's 7300GS. Does that sort out your problem.

Hey, Yeah I have borrowed his card last nite.. I played with his card and it FROZE once.. BUT I think my internet pinged out. Which caused game crash that happens rarely.. Also I esc ctrl worked easy... On from that I played about another 3 hours.. Left it running while england was playing still was fine then.. Also played about 1 hour worth this morning.. So far no corrupt graphics.. No sound loops.. no bsod...

So hopefully it has.. I will give it another 2 days before im sure tho. :)

If this is the problem and its fixed.. Do u no what warranty on graphics cards normally are?

Because ebuyer dont sell my card no more. But Im sure it was 3 year warranty.

Also is 70c hot for a cpu ?

Ok cheerz im buy some cooling paste anyway and see if this helps me pc perfomance at all..

But yeah problem is solved (at moment) Ive only tested it for 2days but hopefully it is.

So thread solved... And I only made that other thread 3days ago that was before a lot of people posted here. I wanted the problem fixed asap I been trying for months to stop bsod and this problem. But im glad its sorted and now hopefully a bit of cooling paste will cool my cpu down a bit and maby help a bit.Along with a new pci express 2.0 16x 9600gt.

Thread Closed :) Thx all

Il open another if the problem comes back. In this Topic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back