Code 12 : Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Jakmasta

For some reason I have a Code 12 (This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. ) And I looked it up and it states there might be conflicting devices.

Here what it says under conflicts/sharing
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x0000001F Direct memory access controller
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x0000001F AMD PCI Express (3GIO) Filter Driver

I/O Port 0x00000070-0x00000070 Motherboard resources
I/O Port 0x00000070-0x00000070 System CMOS/real time clock

IRQ 11 Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
IRQ 11 Intel(R) ICH9 Family SMBus Controller - 2930
IRQ 11 Intel(R) ICH9 Family Thermal Subsystem - 2932

Memory Address 0x52600000-0x536FFFFF Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 2 - 2942
Memory Address 0x52600000-0x536FFFFF Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Memory Address 0x50400000-0x5040FFFF Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Memory Address 0x50400000-0x5040FFFF Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 2940

I/O Port 0x00003000-0x000030FF Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
I/O Port 0x00003000-0x000030FF Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 2940

Memory Address 0xFF800000-0xFF800FFF Motherboard resources
Memory Address 0xFF800000-0xFF800FFF Intel(R) 82802 Firmware Hub Device

IRQ 17 Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2936
IRQ 17 Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2939
IRQ 17 Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Memory Address 0x40000000-0x4FFFFFFF Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Memory Address 0x40000000-0x4FFFFFFF AMD PCI Express (3GIO) Filter Driver

IRQ 18 Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2937
IRQ 18 Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293A
IRQ 18 Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293C
IRQ 18 Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2934
IRQ 19 Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2938
IRQ 19 Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2935

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF VgaSave
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF AMD PCI Express (3GIO) Filter Driver

No it didnt work sadly. Are there any conflicting devices from what I presented. Do you need more info. If so tell me how to get it and I will try my best to get it for you :)

Try installing the latest BIOS update from here (confirm this is right for your system before installing).

Here are some things I need answered:
1) Where are you seeing this message? Post a screenshot please.
2) Did it start to come up recently? Did it come up after installing something?

Do you think you can post your full system specs (especially Display Adapters).

1.) Device manager under display adapters
2.) Issue came up when I sent my computer to get fixed. This computer was originally toshiba but we took out the hardrive and put it into HP laptop. The only driver that seems to be not working fully is the Display Adapter.

Specs:
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Pentium T4300 @ 2.10GHz
Penryn 45nm Technology
RAM
1.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 3612 (CPU)
Graphics
Standard Monitor (1024x768@1Hz)
Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (HP)
Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (HP)
Hard Drives
149GB FUJITSU MHY2160BH ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
hp DVDRAM GT20L ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

Attachments

• Code 12 (Error).png
    Code 12 (Error).png
    83.8 KB · Views: 0
Well that is your problem. You have a bunch of junk drivers that are installed on the OS, but are not compatible with the PC. It seems that your old PC had an ATI GPU and the new one has an Intel one. The drivers are conflicting.

I think clean installing Windows is the best and maybe only option (you do not need a 64bit OS when you have 1GB of RAM).

Is there a way to install a new windows without deleting my stuff?

Also does the drivers that are installed get removed ?

I would just backup anything you need (your files) and just clean install (delete everything). That will take away any conflicts 100%.

For everyone who has this problem.

Search for this AMD PCI Express (3GIO) Filter Driver on device manager, and change the drivers for PCI BUS , thats solve the problem.

Search for this AMD PCI Express (3GIO) Filter Driver on device manager, and change the drivers for PCI BUS , thats solve the problem.

Don't think that will work . His laptop is Intel. Plus this thread has more or less been solved.

Don't think that will work . His laptop is Intel. Plus this thread has more or less been solved.
Your reply is snotty and dismissive in the extreme. The thread had not been solved except in a "do a reinstall" type way.
The problem was that a Windows 7 install was moved FROM an AMD computer to an Intel and an AMD filter driver was preventing the Intel stuff from cleanly installing. I was in the same situation and removed the driver suggested by Niles. It was like a miracle. Not only the display adapter but a whole rake of other drivers installed one after the other. Niles is a genius. Say sorry, please

Your reply is snotty and dismissive in the extreme. The thread had not been solved except in a "do a reinstall" type way.
The problem was that a Windows 7 install was moved FROM an AMD computer to an Intel and an AMD filter driver was preventing the Intel stuff from cleanly installing. I was in the same situation and removed the driver suggested by Niles. It was like a miracle. Not only the display adapter but a whole rake of other drivers installed one after the other. Niles is a genius. Say sorry, please

Look at the date. Sept. 16, 13. Read the whole thread. If you do you will see he went from AMD to Intel. Plus ask if a fresh install of windows would solve the problem. So before you make a comment on what I said Do as I stated read the whole thread.

Last edited:

Niles VdG, how do you do this? I am in that same category of one who installed an Intel Motherboard as a replacement for the AMD and removed all AMD from system; but still have the AMD PCI Express (3GIO) Filter Driver. It appears in the Devices as a superset of all the Intel chipsets.. and I have tried uninstalling it, updating drivers, etc. to no avail. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Have no use of the graphics card and am limited to VGA graphics.

Niles VdG, how do you do this? I am in that same category of one who installed an Intel Motherboard as a replacement for the AMD and removed all AMD from system; but still have the AMD PCI Express (3GIO) Filter Driver. It appears in the Devices as a superset of all the Intel chipsets.. and I have tried uninstalling it, updating drivers, etc. to no avail. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Have no use of the graphics card and am limited to VGA graphics.

Never mind.. I found the drop down box with choices for drivers. Selected the PCI driver and all is now well. Thank you!!

This thread seems to have turned strange with the arrival of three new Rookie posters. Itsgonefunny for sure. :)

I also thank Niles, big time. Sometimes us "rookies," just need a point in the right direction. I was having the exact problem, but did not have the AMD driver. In my case, Windows Vista, under "Device Manager," and "System Devices," it showed "ATI PCI Express (3GIO) Filter Driver." Right click, properties, resources, and it displays the I/O DMA. On one of the entries it showed a red tag conflict. First I tried the driver update, and it came back with the predictable, "You already have the latest, (or most recent) driver installed." Next I tried to just uninstall it, and on the reboot it reinstalled, and the video driver also reinstalled, but no difference. The 3rd time, I uninstalled, but selected the "delete the driver" option as well. This did the trick. Everything now works perfectly, and under "System Devices," the "ATI PCI Express (3GIO) Filter Driver" doesn't show up, and there's no yellow triangle. I guess Vista couldn't care less, and neither do I :).

Back