Colorful launches limited edition Kudan RTX 3090 graphics card with $4,999 price tag

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? We all know graphics cards are selling for a small fortune on eBay right now. But in the case of the iGame GeForce RTX 3090 Kudan from Colorful, the actual selling price looks like it comes from a scalper—$4,999—though you will be one of only 1,000 people in the world to own one.

Colorful, fresh from unveiling its GPU museum alongside Nvidia earlier this month, has just announced the limited-edition Kudan. The card is packed with a slew of features that include VRM and cooling setups able to squeeze a tremendous amount of performance from the RTX 3090 GPU.

The Kudan runs at the RTX 3090's recommended 1,395 MHz base/1,695 MHz boost speeds, but Coloful's One-Key OC overclocking lets you hit 1,860 MHz with the touch of a button. You'll likely be able to push it even higher thanks to its hybrid cooling design that combines both air and water systems.

The air part of the system utilizes a triple-fan heatsink featuring Colorful's new "Storm Chaser" 90mm fans alongside 6mm high-performance heat pipes. The company says the air system is powerful enough to work even without the liquid cooling element.

The liquid system, meanwhile, uses a nine-stage water block and a high-performance 240mm radiator that connects via two tubes. It also boasts Swiss-made quick-release fittings designed by Stäubli that can rotate 360 degrees.

Colorful states that the card, which has three eight-pin auxiliary PCIe power connectors, draws 350W to 370W of power during normal use, though it can reach between 420W and 450W when overclocked, and Colorful rates it for up to 500W.

Elsewhere, the Kudan has a fully customizable, large 60Hz display that can be used for real time monitoring. You can even flip the LCD 90 degrees for vertical card installations. There's also customizable RGB lighting and a very striking design featuring watch-style gears and Chinese patterns.

There's no doubting this is a very impressive graphics card. That, combined with the fact only 1,000 will be made, equals a price tag of $4,999—more than most RTX 3090s found on eBay—though you do get a Kudan-themed screwdriver, keycaps, and a graphics card holder for your money.

Permalink to story.

Why not? PC gaming is for the rich now anyway, better to make products that appeal to them.

Steve will have a heart attack whilst making a rage video about the price. But there are probably other channels which may be able to read the room a bit better and tell you if it’s a good product or not.

Last edited:
$5000

Twice the price of the cheapest 3090 on EBay.

Most celebrities that have computers built for them don’t roll this hard.

Why just $5,000?

Put some designer gems on it, price it something like $100k making it first card to cost 6 digits.

I mean if we are being ridiculous then do it properly so that people with less sense than money can be exploited. Probably call it RTX Sheikh Edition.

This is just adding insult to the injury.
Don't worry, it's just for *****s.
Why just $5,000?

Put some designer gems on it, price it something like $100k making it first card to cost 6 digits.

I mean if we are being ridiculous then do it properly so that people with less sense than money can be exploited. Probably call it RTX Sheikh Edition.
I would literally call it RTX Rich But Stupid Edition, just to see how many would buy it.

If they want more than 200% of the MSRP of a vanilla 3090, then give me 200% of the performance of a vanilla 3090....otherwise they can F@%k right off.

At that price point (especially in the current component climate) you might be better off going even further by using higher-end materials and market it towards the elite.

I don't think this product was ever meant to be for 'joe-shmoe' on the street who can barely get their hands on decent 20 series cards nevermind 30 series.

"though you do get a Kudan-themed screwdriver, keycaps, and a graphics card holder for your money."

Well then, I'm sold!

If they want more than 200% of the MSRP of a vanilla 3090, then give me 200% of the performance of a vanilla 3090....otherwise they can F@%k right off.
We will get that with the next gen Ampere or RDNA3 top cards. At least one of them, if not both, should do it based on rumors...

Yeah I know, rumors, but a $5000 3090 sounds much worse than believing a rumor at this point...

Back