Combining files to one program

I am not sure how to say what I mean, I downloaded a program for a ham radio application, but all I got was a list of files, I have no idea how I make them into a regular program, where would I find a program to combine them. thanks. Ed

I remember only too well my initial trouble when DL large programs which needed to be "put together". I got virtually help then, so even though I'm a few days late for you perhaps I can help.

Generally you'll need a program that archives or compresses files, they can compress, split into manageable parts and compress or uncompress and bring the parts back into a "whole". WinRar, 7-zip & WinZip are some of the most common ones out there, I use the first two. Beware ... I don't give a toss but many I.T. people will laugh if you say "join" even though it is essentially what you'd be doing.

Check out the archive Co sites they will have detailed info on use.
Hope I've been of some help.

When looking for suitable archive utilities, and there are many freeware versions, look for a feature called spanning. That is the technical term many of them use for this function.

Back