Comp froze up and I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i built a computer about in november and towards the end of december it froze up on my while i was converting and watching a video. I figure it could be a few things and i'm thinking of getting it diagnosed but wanted to post up here to see if anyone knew something i haven't tried yet.
So here's what the issue is. Computer froze up while it was running; programs, keyboard, mouse the whole 9 yards. I pressed the reset button on the comp to reboot and it powered down then when it goes to reboot my LED and fans turn on for the length of me taking my finger off the button then it turns off again. I've swapped hard drives, switched out ram, tried onboard graphics card and looked online for answers but I can't find my issue with anyone that's posted. The only thing i can thing of is swapping out motherboards and/or CPU but that's not something i wanna do unless i have too. So it's come down to lookin for a tech to help me out online or pay $35 for a diagnostic which i might have to do anyway, figured i'd give online a shot first though. thanks for your help.

So i figure it could be a few things
1. Motherboard failure
2. Power supply failure (doubtfully i.m.o)
3. CPU failure
4. I got some sort of virus/spywarerom utorrent

Here's what i've got running
1.GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-DS4H AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
2.Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
3.SAMSUNG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model SH-S223Q
4.Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
5.AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 3.1GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor Model ADV60000DOBOX
6.ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120 120mm 2-ball UFO Bearing / Transparent CPU Cooler
7.OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2P10664GK
8.EVGA 512-P3-N873-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
9.Thermaltake ArmorPlus(Armor+) VH6000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Nice specs... replace the motherboard. Gigabyte boards are good, but I have seen failures like this from them

Nice specs... replace the motherboard. Gigabyte boards are good, but I have seen failures like this from them

Really? I've built 3 comps from gigabyte and this is the first one that i've had issues with... i thought about replacing it anyway due to having a nvidia graphics card if my motherboard is what went out. I've heard that gigabyte should have Radeon instead... Never had an issue but people say it runs smoother. Any idea what board would be better that i should run? AMD prefferred for sure.
I brought my pc into a tech shop for them to run a diagnostic on it yesterday so hopefully i'll get results soon, thanks for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back