Compatability Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatearthling

I have cards from my old HP that I wish to install in my Dell Dimension 2300. I have a type 100 RAM card and a Gel Force video card. Dell calls for a type PC133 Ram card. Is my type PC100 card compatible. WILL IT WORK? BTW my Pandora stopped streaming Steely Dan while I was posting this - bummer.

the ram should work because its backwards compatible with lower speeds. but i cant say anything about the video card, you don't give enough information

thnx 4 reply

I will try the ram card and see if it works. The video card is a geforce. says bfg on it. It is some kind of nividea card and has a disc BFG gamers tool kit. The card says BFGR552560CP on it. this does not correspond to any cards listed on the nividea site. Leg acy or other wise. So i cant really identify which card it is. Its an HP pip card and i wish to install in a dell. I'm tempted to just install card and software and see if it works. What harm could it or the ram card do?

I am not sure your RAM will work with faster RAM Modules you already have; and even if it does; it will bring the faster ones down to the lower speed as well.

and that BFG card is an geforce 5300 i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back