Compatible graphics hardware not found

Anaasjeebun

Hi guys,
I got an intel HD Graphics 3000 and there are a lot of games i cant play with it. So i have an utility cd that has nVidia GeForce GT 525M. But when i try to install it, it says Compatible graphics hardwares not found. What must i do? should i uninstall the intel Graphics 3000 first?
Please help...I would be really grateful.

Intel HD 3000 and GeForce GT 525M are two different hardware and uses different drivers. You can't install drivers from one for the other, they each have their own driver to operate.

Do you have the GeForce GT 525M graphics or the Intel HD 3000 graphics?

Ohhh am asking this question because i read another post by someone who said that he uninstalled the Intel Graphics first then he installed the Geforce one and it worked fine according to him.

Anaasjeebun said:
Ohhh am asking this question because i read another post by someone who said that he uninstalled the Intel Graphics first then he installed the Geforce one and it worked fine according to him.

Unless he installed the card first or had the card / chipset already in the computer the graphics will not be improved. If you even could get the driver to install without the hardware it would actually make things worse since it would not be the correct driver and performance would suffer. Do you have a laptop or a Desktop? The GT525m is a laptop card but Intel 3000 could be in either. If you have a desktop adding a graphics card should be rather easy, if you have a laptop it is likely not an option unless your laptop was a model that was offered with a dedicated video card from the factory and has a mini-pci express x16 slot.

ok thanks guys...so cliffordcooley i can download and install the intel graphics with the link you posted as i already has an Intel Graphics Card in my laptop?

and one more thing i just installed an ATI Graphics and it didnt ask for compatible hardwares...must i uninstall it in case it screws my laptop?

and one more thing i just installed an ATI Graphics and it didnt ask for compatible hardwares...must i uninstall it in case it screws my laptop?

It would be a good idea. It may conflict with the intel drivers, at best it is just taking up space and not doing anything if you don't have the corresponding hardware.

Back