Computer blue error screen lock windows encountered problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
We see no signifcant problems in the logs... just a few file threats which are basically cookies...

Blue screens are commonly caused by hardware errors... memory errors, hard driver errors, cooling errors, failing cpu fan, etc.
But the fact that you have to use a hard shut down is evidence that your file structure is out of whack.
Tell us your comuter, brand, model, and hardware configuration.
How often do you get this blue screen?
Do you possibly have a lot of lint and dust that has been pulled into the comptuer by the cpu fan?
Have you run the drfragment program recently? Have you downloaded and installed all the Windows Updates and Microsoft updates?
Do you have adeauate memory? This problem can come up if you have only one memory module, or 512 mb if you are running large files or photo images...
What is the age of your computer, the amount of memory, and what kinds of files you commonly use... photos, music, etc.
What are your antivirus and antispyware programs.

The brand Emachine T3512 and windows xp sp3. I get the blue screen everyday alot. Computers clean inside. I defrag regulary. I have all updates windows microsoft. I had 2 256mb sticks of ram, i pulled them and got 1 stick of of 1gig ram positive its correct. My system is upgradeable to 2gig. Can this problem be because im using only 1 module? if so can i stick one of my 256 sticks in the other side?

We see no signifcant problems in the logs... just a few file threats which are basically cookies...

Blue screens are commonly caused by hardware errors... memory errors, hard driver errors, cooling errors, failing cpu fan, etc.
But the fact that you have to use a hard shut down is evidence that your file structure is out of whack.
Tell us your comuter, brand, model, and hardware configuration.
How often do you get this blue screen?
Do you possibly have a lot of lint and dust that has been pulled into the comptuer by the cpu fan?
Have you run the drfragment program recently? Have you downloaded and installed all the Windows Updates and Microsoft updates?
Do you have adeauate memory? This problem can come up if you have only one memory module, or 512 mb if you are running large files or photo images...
What is the age of your computer, the amount of memory, and what kinds of files you commonly use... photos, music, etc.
What are your antivirus and antispyware programs.
The brand Emachine T3512 and windows xp sp3. I get the blue screen everyday alot. Computers clean inside. I defrag regulary. I have all updates windows microsoft. I had 2 256mb sticks of ram, i pulled them and got 1 stick of of 1gig ram positive its correct. My system is upgradeable to 2gig. Can this problem be because im using only 1 module? if so can i stick one of my 256 sticks in the other side? THANKYOU RAYBAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back