Computer crashes randomly

I just bought a brand new computer less than a week ago, I installed my NVIDIA GeForce 9600 graphics card and installed the latest drivers (I play WoW and the integrated graphics wasn't to my liking).
Now, this video card has run fine on my old computer, even with outdated drivers, for a bit over a year. I made sure it was installed correctly and cleaned of any dust etc before putting it in.
Now my computer crashes randomly. Most often when I'm playing WoW, but it will also crash when I'm doing other mundane things, such as running Microsoft Office programs. When it crashes it goes to the blue screen and saying it's doing a memory dump, then it restarts and a box comes up saying Windows has recovered from an unexpected problem and to search for a solution.
I've checked and re-checked my video card driver and it's all up to date.
I'd really like this to stop happening! I need a computer in order to do assignments for my courses and i'm having to resort to using my laptop.

Full system specs would be a big help in finding out what's wrong.
Also, by 'crash' what do you mean? A crash can be anything from a frozen desktop to a blank screen.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i3 processor 540
1TB HDD
4GB DDR3
came with integrated intel GMA HD graphics, but I put in a NVIDIA GeForce 9600

When it crashes, it goes to a blue screen and does a memory dump, then proceeds to restart. It doesn't freeze or anything beforehand, just straight to the blue screen.

Back