Computer crashes when playing specific games

empollONE

Hey, first time posting here.
Well I have a problem with my computer that I'd like to fix. As of now I've found the crash problem in only two games: Fallout 3 GOTY and LoL (League of Legends), these games crash respectively after 1 hour and after 10-15 minutes. The crash goes something like this: I'm playing fine and all of a sudden the screen turns black but I can hear sound for 3-4 seconds, after the 3-4 seconds pass there's just a stuttering noise, and I can't do nothing but to restart the PC manually.

All this problem began when I was playing a Fallout 3 DLC, Operation Anchorage, before that Fallout didn't crash or anything, ir worked fine.

I've tried some fixes, like formating the PC, updating the drivers, system restore, and reistalling both the games, nothing worked.

PC Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Service Pack 1
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @3.07GHz
Nvidia GForce 315
4,00GB RAM

So any ideas? And if you need more info tell me, but you gotta know I'm kinda noob on PC's so maybe you gotta explain me.

Just be gentle using a vacuum cleaner, and be careful not to put pressure on the motherboard. Concentrate on the fans and around the CPU (Big Heatsink)

Just be gentle using a vacuum cleaner, and be careful not to put pressure on the motherboard. Concentrate on the fans and around the CPU (Big Heatsink)
Well, seems like I can't open the computer, I took out the screws but there was no way to open it, maybe it has to do with the fact that it's a prebuilt one. Well, no worries, I'll wait until christmas for a new pc,.I'll build one myself, buying the parts and that stuff, but thanks for the advice Tmagic, much appreciated!

What is the name on the computer? Gateway, HP, Dell? They all open regardless of them being pre-built or home built. You may have to remove the front first, or on an old Gateway there is a push button on the side or a slide button on the back or bottom

It's a Packard Bell, and a pre-built one, maybe for that reason I can't open it, and I've checked every part of the PC so I don't think there's some button. If you insist that there must be a way to open it tomorrow I'll check it again to see if I didn't see something.

Okay, I know Packard Bell products are not in the USA any more. They used to make radio and TV products here...

Back