Computer crashing, help:(

My PC recently has started crashing all of the time sometimes crashing in dos before the OS has loaded. it started with crashing when i was playing games such as Starcraft 2, Heroes of Newerth, but recently has progressed and got worse by crashing nearly every boot up (if i get that far)

What i've tried;

changing my graphics card drivers to the drivers from the CD
Resetting the BIOS (by taking the battery out)
I ran MEMTEST which came up with 0 errors
reinstalled and updated my sound drivers.

I cant get my full system specs because well i cant boot up but from memory i have
Gtx 460 graphics card
ga-h55m-s2 mobo
intel i3 cpu
i forgot the brand of my PSU, i think its a Corsair.

everything was fine with the computer for a good few months i could play battlefield badcompany perfect. please help i will try get as much information as i can when my PC decides it'll boot up and i can run speccy:)

none of which are overclocked

Are you getting blue screens or is the system just shutting down? Any info from any of the crashes? Have you checked the hard drive for errors? Have you tried a clean Windows install?

No it just completely locks up during a crash. But if i do get it on and can play a game then it will freeze crash for a while with the last sound repeating constantly, no i havent checked for HDD errors yet, my brother just told me to uninstall my graphics card and try an older one, and no i havent dont a clean install of windows yet :)

oh also i checked all the connections, hdd, psu graphics card etc, they're all in place just fine

finally i got my pc to turn on and instally speccy my specs are;

Windows XP Home 32-Bit
Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.07ghz, running at 27 degrees
2.0GB Single Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz
Gigabyte H55M-S2 Socket 1156
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
244GB Western Digital WDC SATA HDD
Atapi iHAS124
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S2223F
Nvidia High Definition Audio

Back