Computer doesn't recognise monitor, keyboard or mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer starts but it won't recognise my monitor or keyboard or mouse.

I switched out the power supply and that's not the problem. [I know that i have about 7 fans in my computer. (I didn't make it like that, a friend of mine did)]

I keep getting this really LOUD BEEPING noise, as though it's stuck on reset.

I haven't switched out the harddrive or motherboard yet.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT WHAT MIGHT BE GOING ON? PLEASE HELP I'M GETTING DESPARATE!

Also before all this started, my CD-ROM wasn't wanting to work. It would let me listen to music and insert a CD to play a video game but it wouldn't write anything or let me install anything or watch movies. (But it used to do ALL those things)

I can't do any system restores because my system restore was turned off!

Are you getting a constant continuous beeping sound? Are they always long or are they long and short?

If they're always long, then I suspect your RAM has come loose or failed. Try reseating the RAM.

Hey there Omnidoom

I have to agree with seanc on this one... the loud beeping sound that you mentioned is usually caused by either the RAM coming unplugged or being damaged in some way. Testing the RAM should be your first priority.

As for the CD-ROM problems.... Right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager.... then click on IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers > Primary IDE Channel > Advanced Settings tab ..... Under "Transfer mode" in the Advanced Settings tab, choose the Option "DMA mode if available" ..... This will switch the mode from PIO back to Ultra DMA which is quicker. Do this for the Secondary IDE Channel as well and then Reboot your machine...

Hope this helps....

Spyder_1386 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back