Computer Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people, I am a novice at the moment and would like some info as to why my screen freeze's and I get a milky white screen.The only way I can clear it is to turn it off completely.Its is a Vostro 200. Hopefully there is an easy answer out there somewhere?

There are many things that can cause a system to freeze up, but with such little information given it's tough to diagnose the exact issue... so I'm afraid there is no easy answer.

Firstly, when did you first notice the freezing (i.e. browsing the web, playing a game etc,,)? Did you recently install some new software or drivers, perhaps a RAM upgrade? The very first thing I would do is download display drivers from Dell's support site and install them. There should be a service tag on the tower that will bring you right to the drivers section for the computer. I would probably grab some additional drivers if there are updated versions.

If you run into any problems uninstalling the previous drivers or installing the new ones feel free to post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back