Computer freezes at seemingly random times

Hey guys, i've recently upgraded my computer with the following parts:

Hard Drive:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

RAM:
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Processor:
AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADX245OCGMBOX

Power Supply:
Diablotek PHD Series PHD750 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

Graphics Card:
SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Motherboard:
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

My computer randomly freezes and there is nothing i can do but manually turn off the computer. When i press caps lock or anything that would normally turn on/off an LED light on my keyboard, it doesn't work, can't ctrl+alt+delete, can't do anything at all. Usually when it freezes a strange kind of static sound comes from the speakers/headset. There seems to be no cause to the freezes, it happens mostly while playing World of Warcraft, however that is because im almost always playing it when im on the computer, it has froze when World of Warcraft wasn't open, so its not the game. The computer froze about an hour ago, and the last time it froze before that was two or three days ago, with there being such a big gap between freezes it just puzzles me even more as to why this is happening. Im using windows vista 64 bit. I have read on various forums about people having similar problems however, none of them have solutions to the problem, so im hoping that someone on this website can help me.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks.

Make sure you have your RAM sticks in the correct slots as per the motherboard instructions and the design voltage for the sticks is correctly set in the Bios, you should find it under Peripherals.

Look in the Event Viewer and see if you can find any logs that coincide with the times of the freeze ups.

Back