Computer freezes two times a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I am helping my mother with a computer problem, the computer wich she inherited form me now locks up twice a day. Usually I can handle stuff like this by googling the answers, but with this problem I did not find a solution.

I do not know what she does, but Im told she only surfs and pay bills.

She got this info from windows:
C:\DOCUME~1\Bruker\LOKALE~1\Temp\WER8101.dir00\Mini050109-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Bruker\LOKALE~1\Temp\WER8101.dir00\sysdata.xml
I've done a full antivurus search with the latest AVG-free.

I posted a combofix log. Since I have exams I dont have time to reinstall windows atm, but since it happens so often I think I need at least a temporarly solution.

Thak you for all help!

Anders

Hi Ludo

Seems like she gets a minidump - this indicates that a Blue Screen of Death has occurred. Please attach a few dumps to your next post so we can analyse them for you. Read this thread ... https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html ....

Please let us know what the system specs are. Whilst doing what does the freezing happen?
Also, any other info you have might be helpful.

Spyder_1386 :)

So sorry! As I said I usually just follow the instructions for some1 with the same problems.

I've added the latest minidumps.
Its a win XP SE3, Home.
1 GB RAM
AMD athlon 64 processor.

I hva seen it one time my self and it was while surfinf a pafe with stock info. I suspeccted a java problem but im not shure now. She is running firefox 3.xx.

U did a discfrag and a disccheck last time i was here, but to no awail. :(
Also while I had the computer I ran CC and regestry mechanics regulary...
The computer has a history of the grapiccard not working, It is on its 3 now.
Hopefully this helps!

Anders

Hi Ludo

Your RAM seems to be the issue .... please run Memtest from here .... www.memtest.org ... let it run overnight and the rule is generally a minimum of 7 passes Per Stick. Test each stick individually

You can try updating your device drivers after you've tested the RAM.

Spyder_1386 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back